question about passports ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another place you had better check is with the airline itself...I have heard some say they will not let you on the plane out of the US without 6 months remaining....I know, not really their call but it is their airplane so their rules...a phone call early may prevent a lot of issues. Also there are expediting services for PPs, you pay dearly for them but it's cheaper than missing a trip.

Last edited:
If you are worried, it is possible to get a passport in 4 days. It's just really pricey. I think it cost me about $270 bucks.

Better late than never, I was in Mexico City in February and my passport expired in March, never an issue.

Does Mexico even require a passport? I thought that was only a US rule.

Does for me, but then again, Im not from the USA so could be different for you guys, just like you'll need a passport to enter Sweden, while I dont..

Yes, you need a passport to go to Mexico from the USA. This changed a few years ago. You need it to go to Canada too, FWIW.

I've never checked this, but Bill Bryson once mentioned in one of his books that there is no law which says you need a passport to enter a country.

It does, he admitted, make it a hell of a lot easier if you do have one though!

Yes, you need a passport to go to Mexico from the USA. This changed a few years ago. You need it to go to Canada too, FWIW.

You can frequently get into Mexico without being asked or a passport if you're driving, you're always going to be asked when you fly.

The six month rule isn't Mexico only - lots of countries have a 6 month stay allowance and have that rule. Sounds like they enforce it inconsistently if at all for Mexico.

Yes, you can get in without being asked most of the time, but if you are stopped while in the country and have neither passport or visa you will go directly to jail and will not pass Go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom