Question for LDS owners/mgrs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, just got back from LDS. The owner charged me $75.00 - enough, he said, to cover materials. He said, of course he'll make money off me. In fact, he said, he expects to make more money off me in the long run then the adverage newbie. He said most new divers aren't around buying gear a year later, but a guy like me (IF he does his job right, he said) will be around taking advanced classes, buying more gear and bringing him more people for years to come. This guy has been in business here for over 20 years and says he sees no signs of going anywhere. I see why.
While I was there, he noticed the oil smell in my tank (a problem with the other shop's compressor) and removed the valve and inspected it for free. He cleanned the oring, blew out the tank and filled it with nice fresh air.
Free.
I plan to spend lots of money here.

$200 each is cheap for the students, and enough to cover expenses for you, plus kind treatment. Unless there are surprises to come, you found a really good LDS. Try to buy what you can there...!

don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom