Question for Nemrod or DA Aquamaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very informative. Thanks!

<< I like the little poster on the right. >>

It's a badge I plan to award to anyone I see diving a Tropical Minimalist configuration: mask, full-foot fins, BP or tank harness, reg set & gauges, no wetsuit, no BC or Wing, minimal or no weights. :)

Well... I don't think I can cut it without a shorty wet suit. I get cold too easily.

I don't need a BC and within free diving depths I can leave the octopus and perhaps even gauges behind (I used to forget them all the time before I went to a console anyway). The weights would be what ever to be neutral towards the end of the dive (somewhat tank dependant).

Susceptibility to cold is a very individual thing. I can dive comfortably without a wetsuit down to about 78 degrees, but then I start to notice it. At 75 degrees, I would put one on. It's been quite a while since the water here was that cold - it just seems to bottom out at about 80 now.

Anyway, I am happy to award you the Tropical Minimalist Badge on account of ... Meritorious Service to the Minimalist Diving Community! :clapping: :cheers: :clapping:

Susceptibility to cold is a very individual thing. I can dive comfortably without a wetsuit down to about 78 degrees, but then I start to notice it. At 75 degrees, I would put one on. It's been quite a while since the water here was that cold - it just seems to bottom out at about 80 now.

Anyway, I am happy to award you the Tropical Minimalist Badge on account of ... Meritorious Service to the Minimalist Diving Community! :clapping: :cheers: :clapping:

I was in Puerto Rico just over a week ago (here is my report: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...ort-puerto-rico-1st-week-november-2007-a.html ) most divers around us were just using shorts or just a bathing suit. My wife and myself wore shorty 3mm wet suit and we were real happy with that.

The water was warm enough (lower to mid 80's I think) that I could have made a dive or two with no wet suit, but I wouldn’t have been uncomfortable by the end of the dive. Staying warm on multiple dives also meant lower air consumption and just general comfort. I notice we were always the last ones to come out of the water, by far, including the dive masters. But then again, maybe they were just bored with all the beautiful scenery and marine life. :rolleyes:

It was nice not having anything covering my legs and only 3mm over the rest.

Nice report! Thanks. It's good to see that PR is vintage-diver-friendly.

In the Cayman Is., I rarely get any objection from dive operators over the lack of a BC, and I know they don't object to double-hose regs (but why would they?). I imagine the lack of an octopus and/or the lack of an SPG would bring forth some objections though.

Ther was a Wing BC from Nemrod in the late 70s,it was made for a line

doubelhose regulator;the Name was Nemrod Excalibur i think it was Crimson and

very stabel....

Unknown_Nemrod.jpeg

E.L.7*

Back
Top Bottom