Question for Opthamologist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wear my lenses while diving, even in rescue classes where I spent a considerable amount of time with my eyes open, sans mask, in muddy water. No problems whatsoever. I remove my lenses every night and let them soak. I change the lenses every month or so. Only side effect seems to be a little dryness, but other than that, no problems.

The chances of infection from salt water are very slim. From fresh water higher, but still small. Unfortunatelythe infections can be blinding. I advise my patients to use daily disposable lenses if possible. If not, I have them clean their lenses immediatley after diving with Miraflow cleaner. I also advise a hydrogen peroxide based disenfection system such as AOsept. I have been diving for 20 years with contacts and have never had a problem. Neither have any of my patients including a federal agent who inspects ships in the Houston ship canal.
This is general info not specific info.
Lloyd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom