Question for Pinnacle Element / Arctic / Kodiak Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthSideScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I realize that everyone is different, but I am considering one of the following Pinnacle suits:

The Arctic 7/5mm Wetsuit
The Element 7mm Wetsuit
or Kodiak 8/6mm Semi-Dry suit

I am curious what kind of temperatures, at the low end, you are comfortable diving in with your suit??

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide

Hi Steve - I have used the Kodiak fairly comfortably at 54 F for 40 minutes. The neck seal is not as good as I would like and I get a flush of cold water down my back on occasion. Great suit otherwise.
BTW, I have gone dry. A wet suit is unsuitable during surface intervals in the winter on the Puget Sound. It is a "summer" suit.

Hi, Steve. I purchased a Pinnacle KODIAK last year and just love it! I dove Tobermory Ontario in July to a low temp of 39. I won't lie to you, I was starting to get a chill, but I blame it mostly on my gloves. My hands were like ice cubes. I guess I have small forearms and the seals don't seem to be that great. I personally found the suit to be most comfortable in the mid 50's. Much warmer than that and I was squirming to try to let some water in.

I have the Kodiak an dove it thru the ice in Wisconsin , Ihad a35 min. dive and was fine.Its nice to have if / when you dropthru the thermocline and there is an abrubt temp change.

I realize that everyone is different, but I am considering one of the following Pinnacle suits:

The Arctic 7/5mm Wetsuit
The Element 7mm Wetsuit
or Kodiak 8/6mm Semi-Dry suit

I am curious what kind of temperatures, at the low end, you are comfortable diving in with your suit??

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide

Come on, there has to be more Pinnacle owners out there???

While not from your area I use the Arctic w/ a 3/5 hooded vest for temps in the 60's here in the gulf.
I am doing 2, 2 hour dives looking for fossils and stay comfortable.

Here's my $.02, I'm not in your area, but I do dive cold water and did look at the pinnacles. An integrated hood makes all the difference in cold water. Given that, I would not go with the Kodiak. The extreme is nice, but the dry suit zipper is really stiff and not good quality. I would say the Polar is the way to go with pinnacle. I do have a pinncale, but I got the freedom drysuit. Its very nice for the $$. I also have a merino hood, and my head does not get cold, even at 37deg! I saw that aqualung has just released an 8mm wetsuit with integrated hood, which looks nice. I think its nearly $500, though.

Here's my $.02, I'm not in your area, but I do dive cold water and did look at the pinnacles. An integrated hood makes all the difference in cold water. Given that, I would not go with the Kodiak. The extreme is nice, but the dry suit zipper is really stiff and not good quality. I would say the Polar is the way to go with pinnacle. I do have a pinncale, but I got the freedom drysuit. Its very nice for the $$. I also have a merino hood, and my head does not get cold, even at 37deg! I saw that aqualung has just released an 8mm wetsuit with integrated hood, which looks nice. I think its nearly $500, though.

I purchased the Arctic before the Kodiak, but had to return it. I found the integrated hood to be at least two sizes two big. It was a nice suit though. I guess that's what happens when you're 6'6", 260 lbs with a pin head :depressed:lol Just my 2 cents!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom