Question on Plush or Merino Lined Wesuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're comparing the Merino lining with plush-lined suits, they are not the same thing. The Merino lining dries much faster, and doesn't hold onto odours. One of my buddies has a plush lined suit -- one word: yuck. I love my Pinnacle Elite 7/5 fullsuit. That being said, Pinnacle doesn't make a lot of sizes, so if you can't get a good fit, stay with the Bare suits.

So, just to be clear, do you guys think a plush or merino lined 7mm is warmer than an regular, un-lined 7mm?

Makai

My ex has a Pinnacle merino 5mm suit and loves it, swears by it. I have a Pinnacle 5/7mm Cruiser that isn't merino lined and I love it. But I had no problems with my Akona until I busted the zipper. I still use my 3/5 Akona hooded vest under the Cruiser for colder dives and can do 40+ minute dives in 44 degree water. For anything else thought, I go dry. BTW when diving the Akona I didn't remotely have an athletic build (6' 235#) but the vest does fit much better now that I've lost a bit.

Makai:
So, just to be clear, do you guys think a plush or merino lined 7mm is warmer than an regular, un-lined 7mm?

Makai
A good fit, without any spaces in a suit is more important. It may not be much warmer, but it does dry faster and is easier to get on. I think morst Pinnacle suits fit most people fairly well.

Of the three suits I have here (I have more), in order of warmth:

O'neal j suit

7mm akona

7/5 Pinnacle arctic

In order of being able to to move, just reverse the order.

Unless I need the warmth, I wear the Pnnacle.

Thanks for the info, Puffer Fish. Maybe I'll give that Akona another look. I like the features of the Pinnaccle Arctic, but the Akona is a WHOLE lot cheaper.

Makai

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom