What's warmer? (wetsuit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In colder water I use a Bare Arctic 7mm full suit with a Pinnacle merino hooded vest underneath. The bare is starting to really wear down, and the lining around the hood is shot. I'm considering the Pinnacle Polar M8 if it fits similarly to the Bare. Anyone know how warm this alone would be compared to my Bare 7mm full with Pinnacle merino hooded vest underneath?

Thanks.

I'm just going to say they are comparable. Which one is warmer probably has more to do with how they fit your body.
While looking at cold water wetsuits, have you looked at the Hollis? Have a friend who loves it while I am diving dry.

Thanks. I have seen that Hollis, but I figured the Pinnacle with merino wool would be warmer. Of course fit is definitely the question. Bare fits me really well. It seems Pinnacle will, too. No idea about Hollis.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I picked up the Hollis today. Fits surprisingly well. And it certainly has quite an enthusiastic following.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom