questions about SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.. he could grab the SCUBA and jump into the pool, only accidentally knocking over a rack of cylinders. Once in the pool, one of the tanks hits him on the head and knocks him unconcious for 20 minutes.

Your only two difficulties I can see with this are him keeping the reg in his mouth (maybe he bites down on the mouthpiece and it gets stuck in there?), and in a low budget production, trying to find an actor willing to get knocked on the back of the head with a SCUBA tank :)

besides I don't believe that I'm responding to this post, but.....

If he passed out underwater, then more than likely, the regulator would fall out of his mouth and he would drown.

And yes, scuba training courses are taught in pools.

Let us know how we can get a copy of this film when it is completed.

Make sure that your actor is scuba certified! Although it sounds like a benign environment, serious scuba-related injuries can occur in the shallow depths of a pool. Scuba equipment is NOT something anyone can put on and use without a *genuine* risk of injury.

Think of bursting balloons :eek:

I've saved your suggestions and replies. I will come back to this forum in a few weeks, maybe longer. Talk to you later, thanks.

Maybe he's unconsious cause he only got a small whiff of the 'gas' in the room before he went under and it wore off after a few minutes?

BTW: I know someone who claims he fell asleep once while diving. He says there is video of it taken by other divers who were there but I havn't seen the video personaly...

Wait, wrong story :)

Here's my .02:

First time on scuba during the night scuba class at a small university, students are 18 & older.

The pool area is small and dimly lit because it's very old.

The chlorine is stored in barrels in a space near the entrance.

Chlorine leaks either due to bad barrel or bad person. Sends fog of chlorine gas into the hallway and toward the pool area.

Now can that cause people to pass out? I know we had an excessive amount of chlorine in our university pool once and it burned the heck out of your eyes, nose and throat just to breathe in that room. Needless to say, we left. On with the story.

Young student panics, he's only 18 you know. Ends up jumping into the water but smacks the bottom of his tank on the side of the pool driving the first stage into the back of his skull knocking him silly. He drifts to the bottom of the pool and lands so the exhaust tee is on the bottom and his head is jammed in the corner of the pool. This can (in the movies) explain why the regulator stayed in his mouth. Student then completely blacks out from the original blow to the head.

Is that semi-believable?
Ber :bunny:

I wasn't there for that one...hey that wasn't me was it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom