Questions about the US Navy SEALs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that enjoyed Lone Survivor, Marcus sold the rights of the story to Universal Motion Picture Company. They are going to do a movie for it. Should be a kick ass movie. I know that Peter Berg (huge name in the industry) will be directing it. Last I spoke to Marcus (which was months ago) they were still working on scripting the movie and then were going to start casting and moving from there. Originally they were shooting for a 2010 release date but may not be until 2011 as it seems to be taking a while. They bought the story rights for $1 million so they definately WILL make the movie come hell or high water and it should have a decent budget. I will post more info on it somewhere on the board once it proresses but should be a good one! I know I am looking forward to it.

Has Demi Moore posted to this thread? I am interested in GI Jane's perspective.

I work with a former SEAL who does ortho work in the ER. He pretty much confirmed what I was told by a former AF pararescueman. For most of their gear, they give them a pile of catalogs of approved equipment and a budget and let them sort it out themselves.

This is a link that will answer some questions that have been asked on this board quite a few times.

1) What type fins do Navy SEALS get issued/wear at least during training.
2) What type dive training do the SEALS go through

YouTube - Navy Deep Sea Diver Pool Week

i would be able to tell you anything about the navy seals or the teams, but i would imagine it wouldnt be too differant then most of the training i recieved in the Marine Corps as far as how to do things over and over and over until it became, not second nature, but "first nature"...

now i dont mean the Marine's get the same trianing... heck we dont even get the same expensive gear... we get left over's and hand me downs... but i know you trian... train.. train..
and then once its mastered then you do it for time and accuarcy and then sometimes in the dark or blind folded and all the while your doing it under presure and assemulated bombs and gun fire... and everything is a mission even when its just training... you do it everyday all day and you never stop to think how you do it, you just do it!!! and you do it as fast and as safe as posible... and then you do it again... and agian...

we do things that most people think is impossible but that word doesnt exsist in the Marine Corps and much less for any seal... you will learn..! they will teach you..! by the numbers..!

as for leaving gear behind that doesnt exsist in the Marine Corps either... i think the Seals have some leave way there... but i know Marines dont..! if you loose something thats your A$$..!!!

This is a link that will answer some questions that have been asked on this board quite a few times.

1) What type fins do Navy SEALS get issued/wear at least during training.
2) What type dive training do the SEALS go through

YouTube - Navy Deep Sea Diver Pool Week

Here's the video, pretty intense.

Back
Top Bottom