Questions about wearing a BP/W w/o a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

24 dives in 5.5 diving days in Bonaire wearing SS BP/Halcyone wing and a T Shirt.

No problems chaffing or anything however same old wet stinky T shirt used all week.

:rofl3:I TOSSED it after the trip!

How many of you dive in tropical water without a wetsuit?

Is is still as comfortable with just a t-shirt?

If it is, what specific setup do you dive? Any padding on the straps?

I'm considering making the switch, especially for travel reasons but I never dive anywhere a wetsuit is needed.

Anyone ever wore DSS's Kydex backplate over a t-shirt?

Any 1/2 mm dive skins are perfect with a BPW.

And you really should not go into tropical waters without at least a 1/2 mm suit.

There are too many things that can sting you.

Here's my rig:

HowWeDive.png

I think that is a great picture, but I get cold just thinking of a metal plate touching my bare back.

I dove a few times back in the 70's with no wet suit (shorty), but only with a plastic backpack. I am a lot more comfortable with a shorty, even in 85 degree water.

And you really should not go into tropical waters without at least a 1/2 mm suit.

There are too many things that can sting you.
That's what the t-shirt's for..:D. I'm a WWWussie so that's the only kind of diving I've done for two decades - don't ever plan to own a wetsuit.

Thanks everyone, now to do some research - or just call Tobin - might be easier..lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom