Questions regarding Oceanic OCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What i found is this:

Dive Computer Training
Online training course for the OCS - OCEANIC pays for the first year subscription when you buy one of their watches

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/media/wysiwyg/manuals/OCS_OM_r01.pdf
The complete user manual from Oceanic

Oceanic OCS Dive Computer - www.simplyscuba.com - YouTube
3:20 min. video from a diving gear webshop showing the basics of the OCS

Oceanic OCS Reinforced By Stainless Steel And Dual Algorithm
A "kinda" descent review with a liiiiitle bit more in-depth info about the functions. Still not what i was looking for.

And actually , thats it ?? Rest of the material i found was pretty thin , so maybe you found something better ? :) Too bad the online training course is only available when you HAVE bought the watch .. But i guess they have to make it that way ..

You might want to add to your list the fact that the OCS is available in all our simulators

1) eDiving: take the OCS for a virtual dive
ediving_oceanic_ocs.jpg

2) divePAL: plot a dive profile and see how the OCS responds to it
divepal_oceanic_ocs.jpg

3) iDive Computer: use your smartphones to simulate a dive with the OCS
idc_oceanic_ocs.jpg

......Too bad the online training course is only available when you HAVE bought the watch .. ..
You are more than welcome to purchase the class before you purchase the dive computer :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Lol , im not gonna do that when its free if i just way till i buy it :wink:

But i was actually thinking about buying the simulated watch because i wanted to try the eDiving software .. Unfortunately it doesnt seem like its running on mac :/

I have had an OCS for over a year and logged close to 100 dives one it. I also have a Atom 3.0 and the OCS's menu is easier to scroll through and use. I actually use the compass way more than I ever figured I would and all round I really like it. My only dislike is the battery is not really used replaceable. Sure you could chance it but it is not simple like the Atom. The back is held down much like a Casio G Shock, with screws. That said I am sending mine back to Oceanic to be 100% sure that it is water tight. Total cost for battery replacement is $95 with return shipping. That said Oceanic's customer support has been some of the best I have ever dealt with!!

Back
Top Bottom