Quick Cozumel Dive Report 3/18/06 w/ some pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyprrthd:
13X,

Great, clear shots! I happened to have found an add-on for Adobe Photoshop (version 7.0 or higher) that restores the reds that are lost at depth. I "corrected" the photos of the nurse shark, and the diver near the wreck, to show you what this fix can do. I didn't do any tweaking of the color, brightness, or contrast, but I've also done that after correcting the blue out. If you have any use for it, PM me and I'll email you the info. I did them as attachments, because I still can't figure out how to add photos to the body of a post. Click on the thumbnails to see a bigger version.

Where does one get that plugin and what is it called?

Yes, the sand looks nice and white, but isn't the normally brown nurse shark a bit green? I'll bet if you undo just a bit of what you did, it will look a bit more natural as far as shark coloration. They do look nice however.

Gordon - I actually found the fixes here on the Scubaboard in the photography section / tips and techniques subsection. I couldn't find the thread to save my life (I just tried), but I have the files, and could email them to you with instructions. Or, you can try to find the "actions" in one of the many threads. There's a poster named Bob (ScubaBoBuba) who also had fixes available gratus. If you PM him he might hook you up with his fixes, or I can email those to you too. Keep in mind that all of the fixes that I found are for one version or another of Adobe Photoshop.

Matt - Yes, he is a little green. However, as I said, I just quickly corrected for the blue (using the "action" plug-in for Photoshop), and didn't do any additional color and/or brightness-contrast corrections. The "action" does tend to over-correct a little, but it's a heck of a lot easier to tweak after using this fix. I haven't tried Bob's fixes yet, but will play with them tonight.

nyprrthd:
13X,

Great, clear shots! I happened to have found an add-on for Adobe Photoshop (version 7.0 or higher) that restores the reds that are lost at depth <snip>

That's pretty cool. I'll have to give that a try.

I too am having trouble attaching photos after my first post. Normally you just add the IMG tags around the URL but maybe you can only add images in the first post?

Jim

nyprrthd:
Gordon - I actually found the fixes here on the Scubaboard in the photography section / tips and techniques subsection. I couldn't find the thread to save my life (I just tried), but I have the files, and could email them to you with instructions. Or, you can try to find the "actions" in one of the many threads. There's a poster named Bob (ScubaBoBuba) who also had fixes available gratus. If you PM him he might hook you up with his fixes, or I can email those to you too. Keep in mind that all of the fixes that I found are for one version or another of Adobe Photoshop.
Yes, I know that they are Photoshop fixes; my wife has her own graphic design business and always has the latest Photoshop. I'll PM you my email address.

ggunn:
Yes, I know that they are Photoshop fixes; my wife has her own graphic design business and always has the latest Photoshop. I'll PM you my email address.
I got your PM, and have emailed you the stuff. I'm used to dealing with a lot of computer-illiterate people, so I have a tendency to assume that someone has no idea what I'm talking about. Photoshop is one of those programs that I swear I'll spend some time to learn.....some day soon. We have Photoshop CS on the designer's computer here in the office, but I haven't played with it at all. I have enough trouble with 7.0!

nyprrthd:
I got your PM, and have emailed you the stuff. I'm used to dealing with a lot of computer-illiterate people, so I have a tendency to assume that someone has no idea what I'm talking about. Photoshop is one of those programs that I swear I'll spend some time to learn.....some day soon. We have Photoshop CS on the designer's computer here in the office, but I haven't played with it at all. I have enough trouble with 7.0!

My wife spends a great deal of her working hours in the "Photoshop Zone", whereas I only know enough about it to crop, resize, and drop out backgrounds...

I'm digging that diver next to the wreck pic.

I wish I had photoshop so I could do that to my pics :(

94GTStang:
I'm digging that diver next to the wreck pic.

I wish I had photoshop so I could do that to my pics :(

Well, your avatar picture is way cool. Is that looking out from the Paradise Cafe (Bob's Marley Bar), by any chance?

An external flash will bring the color out and give you the blue water...then you don't even need photoshop :) Except for resizing for posting purposes, my pictures were straight out of the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom