Quick-drying wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Hydros Pro and even though not technically a wing whatever its made out of just sheds water like a duck's back. In fact, I think only the straps can absorb water.

I wonder if spraying your BCD with a protectant spray like 303 Fabric protectant, or even something like scotchgard might not only reduce UV damage, but also make the fabric dry faster?

I wonder if spraying your BCD with a protectant spray like 303 Fabric protectant, or even something like scotchgard might not only reduce UV damage, but also make the fabric dry faster?

Great idea! I will experiment first on spare fabric, but I think you're on to something. Thanks for the suggestion.

Most coatings that a user can spray on even if you coat more than one side, will not last too long in full immersion.

If you can't stick to answering the question at hand, then don't respond.
You can start a discussion, but you don't get to tell everybody else how to respond to it. The moderators will step in if things are getting too far off track.

This will dry fast,
Second pictures is mine.
homemade-sidemount-bcd-tyre-225x300.jpg
20210820_174147.jpg

I would be helpful to have a bit more information when asking a question that some of us don't understand the reasoning,, that way specific answers can be given.
Me personally don't see a real reason for it other than you may be 1-2lb overweight when flying, found out that when i traveled with a damp wetsuit,

I just returned from Belize. Believe it or not, in the tropics, I find stuff still takes a long time to dry.

My Deep 6 wing dried quite quickly, as did their specially covered webbing. The only thing that took a while to dry was the crotch strap cover. Of course, you don't need to use it. I will probably remove it.

Yes I agree my post matches the thread for ridiculousness

Yes this is very beautiful

1645013899095.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom