Quick-drying wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sling it in a bag if wet. When you get home dry it out? Mildew won't have enough time to grow.

In any case wings don't absorb water so there's very little in the material.

I never had any problem with the drying of the shell in humid SE Asia unless the room is not even equipped with a rudimentary fan(impossible).
Booties is always the problem even in AC room.

I want a quick-drying wing so it doesn't get mildew and otherwise start to stink.
30 years of diving and I have never had that problem. My gear is wet or damp most of the time.

Deal with the issue if it becomes a problem. There are products (Sink the Stink) to address it if necessary.

Worry about more important issues.

Drying has more to do with humidity than temperature. As some others have mentioned, just bring it inside your room the night before and put it under or near the air conditioner. It’ll be dry.

Incidentally this also works for wetsuits. I’ve noticed in tropical climates if I leave my suit on the boat it’ll still be damp the next day. If I take it back and hang it up in the bathroom and leave the exhaust fan running, it’ll be dry by morning.

I don't see the problem. I've had mine for over fifteen years and never noticed any mildew or stink.

Please, everyone, just stick to the original request about what quick-drying wings are available.

I'm not interested in how you think this isn't a valid concern.

It's a shame so many internet forums are like this:

Poster: "Where can I find X?"​
Replies: "You don't want X. You're doing it wrong."​

If you can't stick to answering the question at hand, then don't respond.

Please, everyone, just stick to the original request about what quick-drying wings are available.

For every discussion that turns out like the above, I'd wager there are a hundred in which OP learns something or realizes his question lacks nuance (or perhaps his why isn't articulated in a way the audience understands). The XDeep Ghost claims quick drying, and I do think the armored Oxycheq dry more quickly than the standard, but as you can tell by the other posts, it isn't a feature deemed very necessary by the market at large.

Haha ....if my post upset you, you should have read what i initially wrote. I will remember not to respond to anything you post in future in case you disagree. 👌

Excuse that lot, are they precluding you from other important engagements
Remember engagement is the petrol of internet forums and we have plenty

I would suggest you contact (not reach out) all the manufacturers of the stuff you are interested in
302 zzzzmichelangelo-adam-creation-adam-fresco-6509125.jpg

and ask them about their deniers

Look at you, so few posts already winning, friends and influencing people I feel so proud
But I'm sure it's not the winning attitude of a diver, unless you're forced into solo like me

@happy-diver denier is a unit of measurement, so asking them about a unit of measurement is like calling a lumber company and asking about their feet. It doesn't mean anything in textiles if you just ask about denier. #i'matextileengineer

More importantly, I haven't met a single dive gear manufacturer who can speak intelligently about their fabric selections. Sometimes their OEM's have someone who knows, but if you call up the gear manufacturers they have no clue which works well for me since it gets me consulting jobs pretty regularly.

Back
Top Bottom