R109 Duro Poppet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaNSun

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for an R109 Duro poppet as shown. If you have one (or more) available please let me know.

Thanks.

R109_Poppet1.jpg

Not sure if AquaNSun ever found one, but I'm also looking for one so I can refurbish my original 1971 SP 109 Adjustable 2nd stage and replace the poppet and worn seat with the duro poppet. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks

vintagedoublehose.com

For about $40 you can get the 109 rebuild kit with duro poppet and a service kit for MK5, 7, or 10. Their shipping is super reasonable too usually $2-3.

Thanks, that's what I have done. If you choose MK2 then it is $34. VDH has always been helpful and prompt.

vintagedoublehose.com

For about $40 you can get the 109 rebuild kit with duro poppet and a service kit for MK5, 7, or 10. Their shipping is super reasonable too usually $2-3.
Hi; where do you now get Service Kits for R109 from (now that VDH has gone)? or maybe I can just use generic O-rings & make the LP seats for the Duro; I will have to research that now. Feel free to suggest any ideas. Thanks

You can also make up your own with a couple of O-rings. The poppet seat is harder, depending on the style of poppet you have. I have successfully replaced the 'non-replaceable' kind.

I don't think I have ever used an official service kit and I maintain a fleet of 6+ of them.

Back
Top Bottom