Rain Statistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the tech diver class. It was good and a lot of fun. My head is still trying to absorb all the info. I will be writting a report and posting it in the next day or two. I have to say getting to 160 just off electric beach is an awesome dive.

I completed fundies almost 2 years ago.

Edit: didn't mean for it to sound snotty:wink:

Catherine I never thought you'd post topless pics, my goodness that avatar is really revealing young lady.

You flush the harbor? LOL When we went through Nassau everyone just flushes their boats in the harbor but the tide washed it out to see with every exchange.

you are too much....had me worried about the avatar for a second. it takes me a few seconds. That would be funny if somebody posted the wrong pic by mistake! yikes.

Onfloat, so glad you found a home!

OK, I'm dense. Or maybe it's just because I'm from Alaska and we hardly get rain in Anchorage, but...

What do you mean by "flush" and how does it relate to the rain?

well, when it rains, we get run-off. This drops the viz. Then, if you get a big tide (say full or new moon) the deep cold clear ocean water gets exchanged with what is in the coastal areas. Then the dive sites are really nice! Sometimes I look at a tide chart to decide the optimal time for clear water, on an incoming vs an outgoing.

hey, you are giving us bad press, Charlie.

Yeah. but that's where MY mind went when you said flush.

The tides I understand. I just never heard the term flush used in that context :)

catherine96821:
hey, you are giving us bad press, Charlie.
You have the sewage spill, we have the sharks. :)

OTOH, perhaps because of the sharks I was able to yesterday at 3PM and book a spot on Mike Severns boat for this morning. Manta cruising Molokini backwall, whales everywhere including a pod of 3 that decided to go under the boat.

Charlie

p.s. We STILL haven't had any rain in Kihei. Being in the lee of a 10,000' volcano has its advantages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom