Rainbow Reef, Taveuni Vs Namena, Savusavu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
We have dived Astroblabe reef in Kadavu (nice but wouldn't go back) and Blight water, (amazing -loved it) so are looking for a change.

I hear Rainbow Reef is awesome, but am getting very confused re resorts and who has onsite dive shops.

We have also heard that the diving from Savusavu is very good and Daku resort have a special on with JMC divers at the moment. My concern with this is that Namena reef seems a long boat trip out from here... Are the other dive sites in that area just as good?

So , my questions are
-Taveuni or Savusavu ?
-Which resort on Taveuni? Budget is not bottomless, but we can afford to pay up to $450fj per night. We prefer a step up from backpackers. Clean and comfortable is the main thing.Oh -and good food :D

-Which dive op? We dont want to spend hours and hours getting to dive sites every day. Nor do we want to be hit with extra fuel charges to get to dive sites.
-Nitrox would be great , but not many places seem to offer it.

Any advice would be very welcome indeed.

You might want to check this short thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pacific-islands/314345-savusavu-vs-taveuni.html

I have heard very good things about Moody's Namena but it is a very small resort that only dives the Namena Marine preserve (I say only but that is some really good diving):

Moody's Namena Fiji

Koro Sun is the dive op that dives both Namena and the Somosomo Straits:

Koro Sun Dive | Fiji | Koro Sun Resort

Personally though, I would still choose Naigani Island Resort at the head of the Bligh Waters....I love the place and the diving so much I became their rep in the USA :)

Why wouldn't you go back to Kadavu?

Back
Top Bottom