Raja Ampat 2012 VDO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NUMM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi!This is 1st time I post something at here.I work as a U/W videographer on Liveaboard in Indonesia.
I just would like to show a preview trip vdo from our Raja Ampat trip on March 2012.
I use Canon 550D + Light SOLA 1200.Lens:Tokina 10-17,canon 60 macro edited with FCP X.
Enjoy it and some comment should be nice.
Cheers,
N. https://vimeo.com/user4569978/videos
[video=vimeo;40700436]https://vimeo.com/40700436[/video]

Hi Nu. Great video. I was on the MV Mermaid1 11-20 Oct trip with yourself. I have photos from the trip on my site reefscenics' Photos | SmugMug I will be back on mermaid 1 in november for the biodiversity cruise. Looking forward to the trip.

Hi Nu. Great video. I was on the MV Mermaid1 11-20 Oct trip with yourself. I have photos from the trip on my site reefscenics' Photos | SmugMug I will be back on mermaid 1 in november for the biodiversity cruise. Looking forward to the trip.

Thanks for sharing a nice photo gallery.Good to see you in here again.I wish you have a great biodiversity trip.
It's a amazing cruise 15 days from Alor-Banda sea-Raja Ampat.I'm bet you will get tons of photo to work out :)

Cheers,
Nu

Last edited:
great video, did you use 1 or 2 SOLA 1200?
Thanks,I use 2 of SOLA1200 I love the result but it's quite sensitive maybe not suit for heavy duty use.
I just break one of it:(

oh.. what mode do you use when shooting video?
Av or P or Auto? what would be the best setting (F and shuttle speed)?

oh.. what mode do you use when shooting video?
Av or P or Auto? what would be the best setting (F and shuttle speed)?
For wide shot I use Auto exposure most of the time except I want to control lighting effect like a silhouette shot.
(Canon550D video mode has only Manual and Auto exposure mode.AV or P not for video)
For Macro I use Manual exposure and I fix speed shutter at about 2 times of frame rate.
Example if you shoot 1080p @ 25 fps I use shutter speed 1/50 or 1/60, 720p @ 50 fps use 1/100 or 1/125.
I control depth of field and exposure by F number and ISO.Sometime have to adjust the distance from object to the light too.

Back
Top Bottom