Raja Liveaboard in November - Hi all. I am having a hard time deciding which vessel to try.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rachel,

I've been on Indo Siren several times both working and as a guest. I worked for Siren Fleet for 5 years. I have nothing but great things to say about the boat and the crew. The cabins are great, there's loads of space inside and on the dive deck and the sun deck is lovely - with now a shade sail so you can relax on deck in between dives. The food has always been good quality and plenty of variety with fresh fruit. Coffee is lovely! The guides know the sites well and have good spotting eyes. The whole crew go out of their way to do everything for you and are fun and smiling all the time. Its a really nice experience and I felt very welcomed on each trip.

Siren don't have guest internet but you could pick up a sim card in bali - very low cost- and connect that way but coverage off shore around raja ampat is extremely limited especially in the south around Misool where you'll likely be for 4-5 days of the trip. The north around the dampier strait is better but not very fast so depends upon what you need it for. I was able to receive email and connect to social media but uploading files was a long process.

I know the owners of Waow and the boat looks amazing though i;ve not been onboard I know they keep her well and the crew are very experienced. She is more expensive than Indo Siren but the sheer size and luxury mean you;ll be spoiled forever.

I've booked the Damai as they offer different routes to what I've experienced before with Indo Siren. Looks like the trip in October/November are fully booked though ;-(

other good quality options include:-
Dewi Nusantara
Wallacea Cruises
Blue Manta
Amira
Raja Ampat Aggressor

Last edited:
no comments on the boats however for the flights out of LAX. Lax to Singapore, Singapore to Manado, Manado to Sorong. you can book Singapore air all the way through to Manado and then it is just a short hop to Sorong. You might need to over night in Manado. The Novatel Manado Golf resort is a very nice hotel. Good food and inexpensive. Just a few minutes from the airport.

I stayed at that hotel last year. Ne t time I was hoping I could find some other place. Perhaps something smaller, if anyone has any ideas please?

Hi Rachel,

WAOW is a must do. Huge space, great food, great crew and great attention to little details. The boat is really well optimized for divers and it is by far one of the best liveaboard I dove with.
They offer satellite internet and you can check your emails for free but if you like to use Google, Skype or What's App, you'll need to pay an extra (around 15-20 USD / day). The speed is average and using the webcam is not recommended, but it works pretty well, considering we are on a boat.
SIREN and AMIRA are really nice too but definitely not the same category and size as WAOW. I do not know if they have an internet connection onboard.

A little further than the Novotel Chilly but try the Hotel Grand Puri in manado - insanely soft beds and brilliant spa on the top floor. Supermarket downstairs through a back door in the lobby for anything you may have forgotten. Good food room service and the room "guide" is hilarious to read. Last time I stayed there they still had an option to buy electric cattle. (Kettle)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom