Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subsurface thought of the fact that people will be using more than one computer and may elect to download both of them and hence it gives the option to prevent adding duplicate dives into the same log file.

Isn't this correct? I vaguely remember this feature since I normally have more than one computer on me while diving, 2 or 3, and I choose to download one not the other and have to do this (my memory is foggy on this since it has been a while since I have done this).
Yes, this is correct. You can uncheck the ones you don’t want to download to avoid duplicate profiles.

Slight side effect with this, is that if you download dives this way, and then download using the "proper" model via USB, Subsurface will store the profile twice against the same dive as it thinks its the same dive from two different computers.
A bit late to the party. Yes, what you describe sounds quite possible. BUT, Bluetooth connection works so nicely (once you get it running) AND the cable seems so fragile that from the moment I've got BT working I never went back to the cable data transfer for this to actually happen.

Once you have bluetooth, why to even bother with the cable? Of course I prefer to do the data entry and editing in Subsurface desktop, but all it takes is a couple of taps in my mobile to get the profile(s) there and then with cloud sync, I have the data in my desktop withing seconds.

BTW when/if that happens (get the same profile twice as if you were diving with two different Ratio DCs) it is very easy to get rid of one of them. In Subsurface desktop, right click on the green letters of the DC (lower left corner of the profile) you don't want to keep and click "Delete this dive computer" - done!

For me BT connection doesn`t work only cable. I tried all possible variations, but can`t get nothing under connection. I came back from the trip and downloaded my dives through USB cable and one dive has no data and I get parsing error under Subsurface, Ratio-toolbox show the dives information. Is it possible to export dive data from Ratio-Toolbox to Subsurface or any other app?
I just came back from the trip and I did more GPS testing.
I used GPS to mark diving sites and it took 10 min to acquire satellite, first day when I was on shore. Second day we where on boat and I thought it would be faster because it already has data for the satellites area, but it took the same 10 min for the satellite data.
The second dive I could not get the satellite data to mark the dive site. What I found out is that the computer must have no obstacle above at all for at least 5m, to get GPS data.
Found out why one dive can`t be downloaded, it is because location data is stored in the dive and the software doesn`t know what to do with it.

From the subsurface's mailing list ( Dive Data Import Error ) posted yesterday:

There has been a small change in the IX3M2 data format. There is already a fix
in libdivecomputer [1], but it's not yet included in any subsurface release. You
can try to install this custom build instead:

https://libdivecomputer.org/builds/subsurface/subsurface-installer.exe

Have you done the latest firmware updates? If so, maybe this is affecting you...
Thank you, this version works!

Thank you, this version works!
Great! I have a LoB in the Red Sea from Thursday. Probably this is affecting me too (I haven't dived these days to confirm). I'm glad that it is fixed on time.

My new IX3M GPS Pro version arrived the other day, its a fair sized unit thats for sure. Not had a chance to dive it yet, wife said Im not allowed until the jolly fat man in red comes next month :(
Its layout is very simple and intuitive I thought, feels bloody solid, compass is better and smoother than the idive easy computers one, and my lord is it easier to read. Cant wait to get it in the water, in the mean time plenty of time to read the manual a few times to become familiar with it all

My new IX3M GPS Pro version arrived the other day, its a fair sized unit thats for sure. Not had a chance to dive it yet, wife said Im not allowed until the jolly fat man in red comes next month :(
Its layout is very simple and intuitive I thought, feels bloody solid, compass is better and smoother than the idive easy computers one, and my lord is it easier to read. Cant wait to get it in the water, in the mean time plenty of time to read the manual a few times to become familiar with it all
How fast does your GPS acquire satellites?

How fast does your GPS acquire satel
Wont know till after Christmas, Im surrounded by buildings in my area so wouldn't be a fair test, even my Garmin running watch struggles where I am

In a recent support conversation with them they said they are currently working on updating it to be USB-C, but no eta on it.

I find that the connection to the Ratio is fine, but the USB connector is way dodgy and I know its only a matter of time before something gives. I've gotten around the problem by using a LastCable (The Last Cable - Charge all your devices! (Free Warranty & Guarantee)) and leaving one of the micro-usb adapters permanently plugged into the adapter. If I accidentally knock it while its charging, the magnetic connector just detaches with no risk of damaging the adapter.

Thanks for putting this idea in my head mine is on its last legs already too. I looked around for that in the UK but could only find a cheaper I assume knock off for only 8 quid and it's a perfect solution to a problem that should not exist.

I'm a little furious on the quiet they think it's an acceptable connector it's so "jankey".

I'm going to email them asking for a replacement as it should be covered. My line of work is product development and field testing so that probably why I'm so frustrated.

Anyway here's a link

https://amzn.eu/d/6DEMwz2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231126-133238.png
    Screenshot_20231126-133238.png
    174 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20231126_131845822.jpg
    PXL_20231126_131845822.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20231126_131855205.jpg
    PXL_20231126_131855205.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 42