Re: dive reports - what are "Suunto degrees"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been considering sending my Suunto Vyper in for service to have the temperature calibration checked (I just couldn't believe I had 15 dives in a row all at 59 degrees). So I spoke with Todd Anderson, the Suunto repair rep. at their offices in Vista last week. He said the accuracy factor is +/- 3.6 degrees within 20 minutes. Bummer. Their dive log software leaves a lot to be desired as well. I don't know how this compares with other similarly priced computers, but I've never heard of "Aeris" degrees or the like. Good thing my SPG is a little more responsive than my computer.
:pity_part
Kevin

scottfiji:
THE SAD TRUTH....

They will try to tell you otherwise, but it's really just to show off that they own a suunto. They think it will help them attract more mates, have more children, and propogate their genes. Increase their status. Don't blame them, they can't help it though, poor things......

For this reason, I've thought of posting mine in Suunto D9 degrees :eyebrow:

ShakaZulu:
It's true, my life has changed since I started diving Suunto......I feel so bad for the rest. It became even better when I started using my Apeks regs.

... is that because Apeks come with diaphragm 1st stage? The piston type might work better in that sense....

MaxBottomtime:
ChrisM was the first diver I saw posting a dive report with Suunto degrees. :D

He's dreamy. :07:

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
He's dreamy. :07:

---
Ken
all my gauges are analog, and I dont know how cold it really is until I check my,
ASK DIVE BUDDY DEGREES.

Doesnt matter anyways when you dive in a 2/3 surf suit! :jump3:

John

jetfixer:
For this reason, I've thought of posting mine in Suunto D9 degrees :eyebrow:

Actually, I have noticed my D9 is way better with temps than my older generation (Cobra/Stinger) Computers. Also, the temps throughout the dive are recorded in the dive log and you you even can pull up a graphical representation of your dive profiles in log mode right on the watch. Too bad I'm married, I could get all kinds of chicks with this thing :wink:

dazedone:
Too bad I'm married, I could get all kinds of chicks with this thing :wink:
I thought that as a dive god wearing a D9, that you would now be allowed multiple wives! :eyebrow:

Christian

LegoPacific:
.... All the Suunto computers are slow to respond to changes in temp and tend to show the temp as colder than it really is. Also, the dive log simply shows one temp for the whole dive.
My experience has been my SUUNTO reports 52 F degrees, my dive partners computer of a different brand will say 49 or so. In short, because it is slow to register temperature changes, it may tend to report warmer (residual reading from surface) than the water actually was. In short, 52 Suunto degrees may feel more like 49.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom