ReActivate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see the usual [-]collection of[/-] intelligentsia have made their appearance.

Fixed it for you.

Intelligentsia is a plural noun; it already refers to a collection of people.

If you're going to use big words when you write, you ought to know what they mean and how to use them properly.

:D

And one more note...why is it that the people with the biggest mouths on diving forums are always the ones that don't have the guts to identify themselves? Just a thought.
LOL. Because I don't want to be harassed by a paragon of journalism such as yourself.

BTW, thanks for reposting the article. It got over 20,000 hits thanks to readers like you. :D

You are welcome. Just curious: of those 20,000 hits, how many positive comments/likes/thanks versus how many negative comments did you get?

Thanks so much for the editing services. Always critical in the writing process. Actually I wanted to use the word troglodyte but felt it might be a bit too harsh.

Fixed it for you.

Intelligentsia is a plural noun; it already refers to a collection of people.

If you're going to use big words when you write, you ought to know what they mean and how to use them properly.

:D

---------- Post added June 26th, 2015 at 09:42 AM ----------

LOL. Because I don't want to be harassed by a paragon of journalism such as yourself.

You have a seriously misguided sense of self if you think I would have any wish to harass someone of your lack of importance. My statement stands. Grow a pair and have the guts to stand publicly for what you state.

You are welcome. Just curious: of those 20,000 hits, how many positive comments/likes/thanks versus how many negative comments did you get?

I would guess that more than 90% of the comments were positive. People who saw the value in not being afraid of the facts. After all if you believe in accident analysis as the basis for safety in cave diving, then either you use the scientific facts or you're wasting your time.

I would guess that more than 90% of the comments were positive. People who saw the value in not being afraid of the facts. After all if you believe in accident analysis as the basis for safety in cave diving, then either you use the scientific facts or you're wasting your time.

Seems like a bad guess, at least based on the thread. You got three "likes" for your original post. Any since then?

I'm glad to see you are backing away from your original position. You've moved to "use the scientific facts " instead of only certain people and groups are able to provide scientific facts. Good on 'ya.

He means "scientific" in a talismanic sense rather than an objective sense, I'm sure.

Another courageous person hiding behind anonymity. Easy to take pot shots when you don't have to guts to say who you are. Lots of high school girls indulge in this practice.

He means "scientific" in a talismanic sense rather than an objective sense, I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom