Realistically, how much experience should you have to start DM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I say interview your trainer... does he exemplify what you want to be? Is he saying you are ready? What is the track record of the individuals he has trained? Self introspective and self goals speak volumes in what you can or want to be... don't just fall for the sales pitch.

Wow guess you didn't like my $0.02. I'll stand by asking an instructor instead a bunch of dive buddies that will most likely know less then the person asking. Also he's asking about taking the DM class not DM'ing for anyone on this thread, i think people need to keep that in mind. Getting through a DM class and working for a shop as a DM are worlds apart!

Getting through a DM class and working for a shop as a DM are worlds apart!

How do you figure? No one ever complains about the DM they met that wasn't working for the shop they were paying - they were bitching about the crappy DM that they came across who was working for the shop that they hired.

How do you figure? No one ever complains about the DM they met that wasn't working for the shop they were paying - they were bitching about the crappy DM that they came across who was working for the shop that they hired.

True. Dude lets stay on task though he's asking about taking the class which he may or may not, then may or may not complete it, and then may or may not work as a DM!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom