Reasonable transportation from Manila to Puerto Galera/Sabang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to hear, but with all those threads and questions you threw at us, I believe we all deserve some pics and at least a trip report. :) everyone loves a picture story!

good point, I will work on posting some photos in the next couple of weeks.

thanks for all the advice.

Asiadivers.com was a good operation, i had a great time.

If you have been to Puerto Galera/Sabang, you know the diving is great, better than the Great Barrier reef in my opinion.

Thanks RJ, good to know that we helped you out. :) Looking forward to hearing more and hopefully see some pics!

talk with you soon.

remind me about posting the link if i do not get it up in the next 2 weeks........thanks.

Just a quick update, a few people wanted to see my photos of my trip to the Philippines in March 2009. Well I have over 1000 pictures of various things up on the Internet now. Here is the link, Picasa Web Albums - Rick

I went scuba diving in Sabang, Whale shark snorkling in Donsol and scuba diving in Davao.

I want to say I had a wonderful time and the Philippine people are wonderful, in my opinion, the Philippines is a great country. I am planning on returning to the Philippines in 2010.

A quick revival of this thread... I am travelling from Manila to PG. As I am flying from Coron I will not be at Manila airport until 1245H, so too late for the early morning services. I understand the last ferry to Sabang is 4:30pm. Is this correct? (I see father & sons last ferry is 2:30pm so not sure where to find the other ferry services). Do I have enough time to be safe with public transport? This will be on a Wednesday (May 11). I will be traveling with scuba gear and luggage.

Would appreciate some detailed directions on how to go from terminal (PAL) to find the transport.

My hotels quote anything from $75 - $150 US for private transport so public transport is much more appealing. I can deal with a bumpy ride, although if there is a good mid-priced AC option I would love to hear details.

thanks!
Jeremy

1. Take a white taxi outside the departure hall to Buena Dia for around P120.00.
2. Get on any bus for Batangas Pier eg. Ceres, JAM etc etc.
3. If you miss the last ferry, find somewhere to stay in Batangas.
4. Get the early boat to PG the following morning.
or
1. Negotiate a white taxi from the airport to Batangas pier for around P2,500.00.
2. If you miss the ferry....ditto...
or
1. Private transfer to PG.
or
1. If you miss the last ferry to PG, you can consider the supercat ferry to Calapan(17:00 and 18:45) and then forward to PG/Sabang. Any public transport available at that time???

@jeremyl, i have traveled to PG twice, once by bus and once by private taxi. the bus was fun but i was traveling with a friend who was 6'4", i am 5'11" so we had no worries. a local philipina told us on the bus not to discuss where we were going with everyone, i guess for our safety. i have never had any problem in the philippines at all. the bus is a load of fun i thought. the second time i went down to PG which was by myself i got a private taxi. i would rather be safe and relaxed than save $70.00 USD. i think you will be fine either way. i would stay over night in manila and then head down to PG in the morning if it was me. it would be let stress and more relaxing i think. i assume you have enough vacation time that half a day will not make a difference.

about 3000 to 3500 pescos should get you to PG by private taxi, no problem i think. here is a guy i use for taxi service while in manila area. he is in the usa, california i think and can set up a taxi ride for you charles.estrada17@yahoo.com
contact charles first, i can not find his phone number right now, but email him and i am sure he will give it to you. i called and talked with him before i even went to the philippines. since i was using him for an over night trip to subic bay and to PG later on. on the way back from PG you should be able to team up with another foreigner coming back for a taxi ride. or you may be able to ride for free with someone else coming back. i used father and sons boats. good outfit. also i recommend asia divers -- The Point Barstaying in PG/Sabang. nice hotel, food, etc.....you can get a water view room for about $95 USD a night. plus they have other rooms for $60 too. nice place, i stayed there 2 different times, once for 5 days another time for 8 days.

this is the number of his guy in manila, i think? i use them to travel up and back to subic bay and 1 way to PG.

Renz in Manila Taxi cab driver +634172560534 renceye@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom