Recent Reports From Utila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea temperatures for Roatan are at Roat. You can also find historical data. Nothing specifically for Utila.

Currently it is 79 degrees under the water, 81 degrees at the surface. No whale shark sightings for a few weeks. The sand fleas are raging as usual. It's been a little windy so boat operators are being fussy about what dive sites they will go to.

Sea temperatures for Roatan are at Roat. You can also find historical data. Nothing specifically for Utila.

Thanks for this link! I love tools like this for research and planning.

very helpful!!! thank you. Utila has been on my short lost for a very long time. my wife is (was) small plane averse...but I have shown her that it can be well worth the effort. cant wait!
Just show her the alternatives... :D

Capture.JPG

Utila Princess - Utila, The Bay Islands, Honduras

Or Dennie Bush will run you over from Roatan - for $350pp...

Rude-Boy-1.jpg

Bush's Bay Islands Charters - Utila, The Bay Islands, Honduras

diversteve, the small planes are looking much better than those options! ; )

Anyone got a recent water temp and whale shark sighting report?

its about 84f at the surface P1050598 2.jpg. very quiet so far this whale shark season, only a couple of sporadic sightings in the last two weeks. however, full moon is april 4th and in my experience its the week leading up to and the week after the full moon when we have the most sightings.
give us a wave when you pass in your dive boat, we're in this house on the beach opposite the cays.

Will be looking for ya!! super excited to get to some diving!

Back
Top Bottom