Recent temps (and viz) at Fantasy Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireflock

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been out to Fantasy Lake in the last week or so? I'd headed there on Sunday and a quick conditions report would help me decide how much neoprene to bring.

Rich

Rich I was there week before last and vis was about 10-15 ft and temps at the surface were 73. It was 66 around 30-35ft and 58ish at depth.

Jason

Thanks Jason - I hope the viz holds and the temp inches up. My guess is that there will be a bunch of classes on Saturday and I won't be able to see my hand in front of my face on Sunday.

Rich

The water at Fantasy Lake on Sunday was not all that bad. I think it was in the high 70's on the surface, with low 70's in the 35' range. It got colder along the drop offs, but I made a point not to find out how cold it was. Visiblity was probably 10-15' in the best parts of the lake; 10' was about average. The glass bottom boat was a popular spot on Sunday, and the viz dropped to 5' or so over there.

Rich,

If you go out on saturday and there are alot of classes, try going to the bus and theres a line on the front left side of the bus that goes off to an old rock crusher. Usually students don't go out there. If they are, there's another line N/E off the rock crusher that will take you out towards the back side of the quarry, i've never seen any students out there, and the vis usually picks up. Also you could try taking a 040 deg compass nav off the front right side of the bus. This will take you to a wooden platform. Theres a line off the platform that goes north west I believe, it will take you to a deep boat at about 55 ft. I think there is a line off the deep boat that does a circuit, I don't know if the line is still there. You may know all this, but if you don't it's a good way to explore a little more of the quarry and get out of the way of the classes.

jim

jimmac:
Rich,
I think there is a line off the deep boat that does a circuit, I don't know if the line is still there.
jim

Yea that one is still there as per my last dive 3 weeks ago there. It leads out to what looks like a blast tank and a few misc. parts of off the escavators there.

Anybody have a map for Fantasy Lake on their PC they would like to share???

Back
Top Bottom