Recommendations for Cenote dive operators in Playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They can be strict on certification if you want to free dive. Also some of the centotes have lots of rules about taking photos. So best to tell any operator exactly what you want to do or you can end up with a lot of problems. They are stunning so get it right and have lots of fun

I used Tank-Ha in Playa del Carmen when I did a cenote dive last month. Very professional

Heading to Coz later this winter and cenote dives may be of interest time permitting. I’ve never dived in one. Looking at online videos some cenote dives look relatively safe - more like a big upside down bowl with overhangs or crevasses - so there is access to the surface, e.g. Casa cenote. Others look clearly like a cave/tunnel dive with a cave line and no visible exit.
Is Casa cenote doable with a guide for rec divers with no overhead experience other than typical Caribbean short swim-throughs? Are there other “easy” or “safe” ones?

Heading to Coz later this winter and cenote dives may be of interest time permitting. I’ve never dived in one. Looking at online videos some cenote dives look relatively safe - more like a big upside down bowl with overhangs or crevasses - so there is access to the surface, e.g. Casa cenote. Others look clearly like a cave/tunnel dive with a cave line and no visible exit.
Is Casa cenote doable with a guide for rec divers with no overhead experience other than typical Caribbean short swim-throughs? Are there other “easy” or “safe” ones?

First question - how is your buoyancy? If it’s not pretty good, you need to stay out of the cenotes.

First question - how is your buoyancy? If it’s not pretty good, you need to stay out of the cenotes.
Well controlled and trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom