Recommendations on a Dive Shop Close to Morritt's Grand Hotel in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

occrider

Contributor
Reaction score
I finally figured out that I'm staying at Morrit's Grand when I go to Grand Cayman in late septemeber. Originally I had planned on diving at either divetech or oceanfrontiers based upon all the reviews I've read on scubaboard. However both of those places seem a little far from where I'm staying. Does anyone have any diveshop recommendations on the northeastern part of the island? Thanks!

They are so you'll want to dive with Tortuga Divers. They're co-located at Moritt's. Ocean Frontiers is a short drive from there and Divetech would really be a drive, they're on the opposite shore of the Sound so you'd have to drive an hour around the island.

http://www.tortugadivers.com/td_index.html

PM Drew Sailbum, he works for Tortuga.

Ocean Frontiers are just down the road from Morritts and will pick you up there if you need a ride.
Divetech are situated at just about the furthest point possible away from Morritts!
Tortuga divers are at Morritts but tend to take bigger numbers of divers than Ocean Frontiers. In September this may not be a problem as the Island is generally pretty quiet.

CJ

CJ's:
Ocean Frontiers are just down the road from Morritts and will pick you up there if you need a ride.
Divetech are situated at just about the furthest point possible away from Morritts!
Tortuga divers are at Morritts but tend to take bigger numbers of divers than Ocean Frontiers. In September this may not be a problem as the Island is generally pretty quiet.

CJ

Awesome. I thought Ocean Frontiers was a lot farther away based upon the cruddy tourist map I was looking at. But I guess I can email them and ask them. Thanks!

IMO, OF is the best Dive OP anywhere.

Mantasscareme:
You'll be really happy with Ocean Frontiers

You can walk next door to the Ocean Frontier shoop at the Reef Resort. Like someone else said they are less than five minutes up the road and will pick you up. Much better operation that Tortuga (having dove with both). OF will take you to a
variety of sites and not just the reef in front of the resort like Tortuga.

With OF you can't go wrong. I too agree they are one of the best operations in the carribean and I've delt with alot.

Enjoy your trip I'm envious and won't be back there until next March.

I've been diving with Red Sail/Tortuga 2x now - have had good experiences with them both times. If there are larger groups of divers, they split into a couple of groups. Unless the current is obnoxious, they're good about letting you do your 2nd dive unguided. On our last trip we hit Snapper Hole a couple of times, along with a different site pretty much every day (I dove with them 6 out of the 7 days we were there).

Does anyone know what forums are out there for Morritts? I have a Morritt's Tortuga Club unit that I can't use starting Dec 9. I need to find a renter. I had found two forums, but my computer crashed and I can't find my references for them.

Thanks
Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom