Recommended Whale Shark Tour Operators & Dive Shops in Isla Mujeres?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been on the search for a great whale shark tour operator based in Isla Mujeres. I plan on staying on the island from Aug. 13 - Aug. 17th and going it alone. It would be nice if the boat was limited to less than 10 people but whatever it takes to see those beautiful animals, I will do.

The whale shark tour ops I found so far are:

-Aqua Adventures
-Searious Diving

The other dive ops I'm looking into as a beginner (and going alone) are:

-Sea Hawk Divers
-Coral Scuba Dive Center
-Captain Tony's (no website, only email addy)
-Cruise Divers
-Delfin Diving

I hope to see sea turtles and lots of fish!

What would you recommend for the whale shark tours and regular diving (esp. as a beginner)?
Hello,
I like to invite tourists from around the world to come and visit our Gentle Giants, the Whaleshark or Butanding in our dialect.
Our Butanding interaction here in Donsol, Sorsogon, Philippines is dubbed as the, “Best Animal Encounter in Asia”. Im a travel agent and the Manager of Donsol Aqua Tours and Services. I will make sure that everyone who will come and visit will left with a smile and excitement with their adventure here in the Philippines especially here in our town, Donsol, the home of the Whalesharks.
You can watch some of my videos in the youtube with my Filipino and French guests.
One can contact me via Email, takz78@yahoo.com with a number 63+921-743-5677.
Come and visit our town, VISIT PHILIPPINES, THE PEARL OF THE ORIENT….
Mr. Rosalindo M. Briones Jr.
Mngr. Owner.
Donsol Aqua Tours and Services

How do I get in touch with Enrique. my email is cjpsr1@comcast.net for diving.
My name is Chuck

The reference to Enrique is 3 years old.

He has no shop, he works out of his mini van and a water front restaurant.

I've dived with him, I would not recommend him at all. Attention to safety was not even close to what I'd consider average.

How do I get in touch with Enrique. my email is cjpsr1@comcast.net for diving.
My name is Chuck

I have dove with Enrique for 8 years. He is the best guide on Isla Mujeres. I highly recommend him for advance / adventure diving. If you are a beginner and need someone to watch you all the time, he is not the guide for you. But he always delivers unique adventure dives and I will continue to dive with him. It is small groups and not to the usual places.
Carey is also a great outfit.
Chuck, I will PM you his email

I agree with Scubakevinp. If you are a new diver, then Enrique might not be your first choice. Outside of that I can say that my best dives on Isla have been with Enrique. If you do a search on this site on Enriques Unique Dives you will see what the general consensus is.

Last edited:
Hi, I will be visiting Isla Mujeres from August 12-18. Also going alone. Will be snorkeling with the whale sharks, diving a few sites including MUSA and doing some site seeing. Send me a private message if you would like to meet on the island and dive or see the whale sharks with another American.
Tracy

I'll be taking our dive group on a trip to Cozumel for a week of diving in August 2014. I thought it would be fun to offer an add-on for a few days, staying on Isla Mujeres, to enjoy toe island and do the Whale Shark Tour. Has anyone stayed Marina Paraiso on Isla Mujeres, doing the Whale Shark tour from there? On its website it appears to be the right size and price range for our group, plus looks like fun. The thought of having to stay in tourist clogged Cancun makes me cringe. I need an outfit on Isla Mujeres who can accommodate 20 + double occ, arrange transfers from Playa Del Carmen for us and our luggage to be transported to Isla Mujeres hotel, prefer a package with breakfast included and the Whale Shark Tour and is clean and reasonably priced accommodation. Appreciate suggestions if you haven't stayed and done the Whale Shark Tour, or at least dived with the Marina Paraison Hotel operator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom