Red Sea Aggressor III is now Red Sea Aggressor IV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustStig

Registered
Reaction score
So I was about to pay deposit for my upcoming red sea trip when I noticed that the red sea aggressor III is now the red sea aggressor IV?

Was there a change in ownership or the local franchise?

The Aggressor website is showing a different boat so I think it is now the IV. I was on the III in July. The pictures of the current boat appear to be an updated boat withe a possible better layout.

How upscale are those Aggressor cruises?
I've only been on one liveaboard dive trip, out of Ft Meyers a long time ago. Had an awesome time but it was pretty bare bones...group bunkhouse...several folks in a cabin with crude bunk beds with "prison mattresses", bring your own sleeping bag sort of thing...

They vary a bit by franchise, but they overall strive for a fairly deluxe feel. Maybe 3.5 stars by American hotel standards? It is still a boat, and there are still some rooms with bunk-beds on some boats, so check out the individual layout if that's a concern.

How upscale are those Aggressor cruises?
I've only been on one liveaboard dive trip, out of Ft Meyers a long time ago. Had an awesome time but it was pretty bare bones...group bunkhouse...several folks in a cabin with crude bunk beds with "prison mattresses", bring your own sleeping bag sort of thing...
I’ve done about 15 mostly with my wife and now my kids. We prefer luxury travel and while def not luxury it’s always comfortable, clean and great service. Never had an issue. If you are looking for upscale check out the Scubaspa in Maldives. Bringing the family on that in Feb 2024 and pretty sure that’s as close as possible to 5* as you can get on scuba boat.

to be clear, I'm not looking for upscale...well I am but wouldn't want to pay it!
but that said...IF my family does get interested in diving when I get them certified, I'd surely enjoy doing a liveaboard with them.
more likely it would be on Royal Carribean or some such thing :wink: but if we were to do it I'd want for a bit more privacy and luxury than what I saw on the Ultimate Getaway all those years ago.... (again it was great, just hardcore dive nerd....) I've become a bit of a hotel snob, but I'm good as long as its clean...my wife would want privacy and some non diving hangout time

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has been on the Red Sea Aggressor IV and can provide any feedback please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom