Red Sea Liveaboard - Which Itinerary for Us?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The night dives we did were off the liveaboard. We did not night dive at the Brothers. I don't know if it's legal or not, but given that the area is known for very strong currents and you are out in the middle of NOWHERE, it seems a reasonable precaution not to put divers in the water at night.

I enjoyed the pyramids, but if I had to pick one site to tour, it would be Luxor -- do Karnak and the Luxor temple in one day (the Luxor temple is gorgeous at night), and the Valley of the Kings on the second. But it is a long trip from the Red Sea to Luxor -- I think it took us five or six hours by bus.

The air is very dry, and there is often a breeze, but most people hole up during the worst of the afternoon heat. Tours generally go out early in the morning or later in the afternoon, toward dusk. I think the high temperature we saw was 104, but that was in October. They told us it can hit 140 in the summertime.

The night dives we did were off the liveaboard. We did not night dive at the Brothers. I don't know if it's legal or not, but given that the area is known for very strong currents and you are out in the middle of NOWHERE, it seems a reasonable precaution not to put divers in the water at night.
Night dives are not allowed on the Brothers and the other far islands.

Thanks for the info guys (and Lynn). I think we are starting to see a plan shape up here.

Art

Back
Top Bottom