Red tide -- affecting dive conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNorth:
This is about the 10th time I've heard OGB is a mess. I haven't been to Cape Ann yet this year as I am a pansy and it has been a wee bit cool for me and well that and a lack of Lobsters. Is this normal, does the town clean it up? I am not opposed to helping clean up a dive spot, but with the way the town is about being a tad unfriendly to non-locals. I don't of course mean outright hostile (well that one tire slashing last year) but I mean the lack of parking and quick tickets for parking in questionable zones. Any way does this usually get addressed or are we in for a messy beach all year?

Yeah, it was pretty messy, with solid seaweed from water line to the sea wall. It also looks like the beach lost a fair amount of sand during the winter, given how high the water was relative to the sea wall despite the fact that we were there almost 2 hours after high tide.

I'm not sure what, if anything, the town of Rockport does about beach clean-up. I know the neighborhood around OGB normally has a "beach clean-up day" some time each spring, but given the volume of weed on the beach, they would need a full size dumpster and a significant clean-up crew to sweep it up and haul it all away. I have to assume the town will eventually do something about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom