Reef Club - Pelagic Ventures Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D Right by the front desk, an actual airline check-in counter scale. Fantastic ideal!

That really would be a great idea. My friend Jimmy had to shuffel things around
to get both his bags under 50lbs one trip so he wouldn't be charged a huge
extra fee.

BTW, Is the limit still 50lbs?

Uh, yeah....

Christi has a link to it in her sticky. What's your point?

The point? Just that you were reviving a long dead thread and I didn't know if you realized it.

The point? Just that you were reviving a long dead thread and I didn't know if you realized it.

I assumed Christi put the link there becaue she thought it was relevant.
No biggie......

Well since we are talking about ways to help keep island destinations from having to deal with the extra trash tourism brings I make a point to bring my old throw away batteries home to put into the recycling program here, along with anything else I feel deserves to be kept from whatever they will have to do to dispose of it. I also leave any packaging for things like batteries at home.

That really would be a great idea. My friend Jimmy had to shuffel things around
to get both his bags under 50lbs one trip so he wouldn't be charged a huge
extra fee.

BTW, Is the limit still 50lbs?

I got one of these:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Packing_Aids___Packing_OrganizersKT789?Partner_ID=GGL07&s_kwcid=luggage%20scale|732034190

and I never leave home (if I'm flying con mucho equipaje) without it.

I got one of these:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Packing_Aids___Packing_OrganizersKT789?Partner_ID=GGL07&s_kwcid=luggage%20scale|732034190

and I never leave home (if I'm flying con mucho equipaje) without it.

Ever since Jimmy's experience, I weigh my things before I head down so I
at least have an idea of what I can bring back if I buy souvaniers....

Do they still not allow batteries in your dive light on the plane?

Ever since Jimmy's experience, I weigh my things before I head down so I
at least have an idea of what I can bring back if I buy souvaniers....

Do they still not allow batteries in your dive light on the plane?

My wife and I have 4 pieces between us and "traveling light" is not in our vocabulary, so having a scale down there for the return flight has been a real time and money saver for us. The last time I was there, I ditched all my batteries before returning (I gave all my new and partials to the dive shop), so as not to run into that issue. It saves weight, too.

I assume you dove with Sand Dollar, how is Victor? Hitting Scuba Club in a couple wekks and can't wait, what sites did you do and how did the reef system look. Was in two seasons ago and saw alot of damage shallow, but the walls were in good shape.

Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom