REEF ID Class - November 13 & 14, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I'll check it out...I really had a great time this weekend. The boat was a little crazy but everyone there was excellent.

Thanks,
Heith and Teresa

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks much for letting me (newcomer to scuba board) dive with you all. I had a great time - it's so good to be back in the water. Thanks to Colin and Jenny for answering all of my questions. Thanks to Rose for the fish id class - I am so into it! Thanks to Al for bringing an extra tank for me (even though I didn't use it, it came in handy after all). Thanks to everyone else for being so friendly and making me feel at home.

Sorry I missed the boat dive, but glad I missed the heavy seas. Did you get much fish identifying done?

Rose - can you post info on your next fish id class coming up, or is that a private class?

Thanks for everything and hope to see you all again soon!
Tonidiver

I'll nip the Big Johnson story before all those dirty minds corrupt the integrity of this board....you see, on the way out to the first dive along the ICW between Deerfield and I think it was 14th street draw bridge, Joe and I were admiring the huge yachts, one of which was a Johnson. Sorry to disappoint all of you, something Joe is apparently more accustomed to than I.. :11:

Hey Joe, how was it finding your way back from the boat on Sunday. I should have left you my compass. :wink:

Here's a navigation question for you: if you are standing on the beach facing due East and you head more or less straight out from the beach, what heading should you take underwater to head back to the beach? HEHEHE

Seriously, I had a great time with all of you. What a great bunch of people to meet and dive with. I can't wait to get back down south for some more diving.

Another thing Joe...I'll park on the grass if I darn well please!! :crafty:

AND 77 DEGREES IS NOT COLD!!!

tonidiver:
Sorry I missed the boat dive, but glad I missed the heavy seas. Did you get much fish identifying done?
I would imagine with such heavy seas that they attracted a lot of fish by chumming over the side! Plenty to ID :wink:

Next time i will be in on this!

Good to meet all those new faces, even if i didnt dive with anyone.

Hermit Crab just took the entry level Fish Id quiz on Reef.org. She got 14/15! Whoo Hoo! A fish counter in the making!

Rock on Julie!

BTW, I do have a page in the works for the photos. I keep getting unexpected child help which is creating delays... I can't wait to move and have an office to work in!!

Taking advantage of some quiet time I have got this much together: www.tropicalpc.net/reef

More coming as time permits...

dang, I missed one too....I got the chub one wrong...!

Y'all are doing much better than me. I've taken the test several times... all the wrasse's look alike to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom