REEF ID Class - November 13 & 14, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many fed the fish???????

Angie and I are sorry we missed the trip (on second thought...7' seas???...), but would love to join in on the next one.

Glad you guys had a good time, even if it was only one dive.

I'm grinning right now, very happy that I could put together something that has changed how folks will look at the underwater world :)

Something for follow up here, I went to www.reef.org and found that they have a Fish Gallery seperated by geographical regions AND you can take the ID quizzes online!

Maybe I should give JGB a chance to defend himself before I tell the story. And if he doesn't respond I'll make something up!

Joe

Scubaguy62:
How many fed the fish???????

Angie and I are sorry we missed the trip (on second thought...7' seas???...), but would love to join in on the next one.

Glad you guys had a good time, even if it was only one dive.

Nobody actually threw up (I don't believe). It was rough for sure, and I know that I took my sea sickness pill before I left to keep my food down.

Joe

What an awesome time!!!!! Thanks Colin for your efforts on sitting this up for all of us, Rose was amazing and I can't wait to take some more of her classes!!! Jenny, thanks for letting me shack up at your place and driving me around all weekend, I don't think I would have been able to make it if it wasn't for your generosity.....! It was great meeting everyone, we are indeed the mighty Conch Divers!!!

Well I certainly had a good time it was kewl to see those I know and to meet those I have only seen from their pixel trail across the board in the past few months.
I loved the morning dive heck just getting wet was enjoyment all in its own lol,
I did learn a few things from the class afterwards so my hat off to Rose from Ocean Watch for coming and showing us around. Colin, again your going to be nominated to a spot in OW if your not careful, Many thanks to you, Jenny Thanks for giving me a spot to crash and be your slave for the weekend LOL, will cook for you anytime...

I wish I could have done the dive/s on sunday but I for one was not looking fwd to trying to get back into the boat with the waves the way they were, I mean driving down I-95 and switching lanes by the wind and not by choice told me to stay on land... but to those of you that did go YOUR NUTS..... glad you all made it in and safe and had a good time.

Once again thanks to everyone who helped in getting this off the ground. and it was truly awsome to see everyone again and to meet new people on the board..

Ok enough for now

novafury:
I wish I could have done the dive/s on sunday but I for one was not looking fwd to trying to get back into the boat with the waves the way they were, I mean driving down I-95 and switching lanes by the wind and not by choice told me to stay on land... but to those of you that did go YOUR NUTS..... glad you all made it in and safe and had a good time.

It was a little nuts. It was almost as bad as the time we attempted to head out to the arc site before Colin got all gimped up. Almost! We just had a bigger boat to do it this time.

Next time I offer free scuba gear, I will have some other caveats (like bringing me back with it!).

I will add my voice in thanks to Colin for putting it together. You are a hell of an organizer. Can I be your right hand? How about your whole right arm? :eyebrow:

Joe

JustJoe:
Yes, getting in the boat was dangerous, but so was listening to JGB talk about wanting a "Big Johnson"! I will tell the story only if prompted.

BTW, the pictures I took turned out poorly. My first time taking underwater photos and I was using a cheap camera so there isn't anything to show.

Joe

Joe,
You have to tell us about JGB's desire to have a "Big Johnson"! Be careful, though... this is a "family board"...

Sorry to hear your pictures didn't come out. What kind of camera were you using? I was hoping you got some pictures of what I thought was a schoolmaster and Laura said it was somthing else. Since Laura was level-5... She's probably right.

Al

Hey ya'll
I had a great time this weekend. Kudos to Colin for organizing, reorganizing, and reorganizing it again! It was my pleasure to open my house to the conchs and the temp conch.
Its amazing what 24 hours can do. Saturday was so calm, (with a bit of surge), and Sundays...well, I am pretty game to dive, but you guys are NUTS!
Vickie, I had fun driving you around. It was fun driving something a little bit bigger than my matchbox car.
Thanks to Rose for the good class. I learned a lot. I think Colin would make a good member of the staff of OW!
Gumbo Limbo was nice also. Hermit Crab had a good time id'ing the fish, and she might even have impressed a few adults there!
Just a side note... if anybody that bought food for Saturday night, could you let me know how much you spent, we can divvie the cost up among all of us...

Jenny,
The feast was great at your house. I had a great time. Thanks for opening your house to all of us. Now, you can't call us nuts for diving on Sunday if you weren't out on the boat with us. Yeah... the waves were 5-7+.. but the viz was a good 40-50'. I could see top to bottom. I haven't seen that kind of viz in a long time.

Thanks to Colin for setting this up over and over again. It worked out real well. Rose did an outstanding job... and her mentors were great! I learned a lot from Laura. Also... can't forget Pavan from Dixie Divers for setting up the classroom.

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom