Reel or float line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~~~~Very Interesting!~~~~~~~~~~~~

For most medium size fish with a few exception of the Stripper that you possibly encounter on east coast the Mexican rigging would probably suffice.

I must confess that I am not familiar with "Cuban Rigging." Is it new? or possibly local type? Since you are familiar with Mexican Rigging what is the difference? I am curious... Please explain

On the left coast we have one fish possibly two that are powerful enough to warrant term gear and they are WSB and on rare occasions and certainly in Baja Yellow Tail. I lost a brand new Adict gun to a WSB--the terminal gear did not deploy and I was at the terminal end of life and the WSB was pulling me towards Davey Jones..So some how some way I extracted myself and waved good by. We searched for several hours but the wood gun or gear did not surface. Sad trip home

Since that event I use a dump pack--even have a small one on the gun with the reel.

Float lines work best in blue water which would indicate a YT. WSB are generally located on the edge of the kelp but once stuck head for deep water and kelp.

I some how assume that you make your guns or purchased high end guns and customize. If you make your guns what kind of mechanism? If not what kind of gun?

I still do not like that Aussie name "Spearo!" but to each his own. But recall the world's very first dive magazine title "Skin Diver; a magazine for Skin Divers and SPEAR FISHERMEN.

Good luck!

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom