Reflections on Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the props guys. Wisnu, I guess everyone has their share of travel sagas, mine seems trivial to yours but in the end we all got to our destinations, went diving and got back safely which is the most important thing right? And might I say Mayang is keen to shoot that vid amist the shark feeding..!

Manta shots were with twin Z240s yes. It was actually reasonably dark that afternoon and it got darker as it bucketed down with rain after the second manta dive (black manta cleaning shot) My second strobe actually ran out of juice on the second dive and I took that shot with only the one strobe positioned on top of my dome.

My second strobe actually ran out of juice on the second dive
Wow, how many shots do you take in one dive?
You gotta change your battery brand, Gavin! Pick Sanyo Eneloops, they normally last for 3 dives/250 shots.

Haha Luko, it was actually because I was too lazy to change batteries the night before... Free beer on the Indo Siren sometimes doesnt help... :D I actuallyuse Hahnels , a German product I believe and served me well. About the same charge rate as the Sanyos I believe.

Gavin, I was trying to send you a PM but you need to do a lil' cleanup in your SB box beforehand. It says you've exceeded the number of messages received...

Excellent report and photos Gavin! Thanks for posting it.

Wisnu very interesting to see your shark feed video as well (didn't know there were Raja shark feeds!). I also loved the music - who is it by?

Hey Gavin, I agree, great pics. Gotta love those INON's, my strobe of choice. I have an old set of the original 240's that never let me down. On the travel part, you were a brave soul traveling Indo over the holidays. I have been told by many resorts that the locals travel heavily within Indo December-January and domestic travel can be a nighmare.

Excellent report and photos Gavin! Thanks for posting it.

Wisnu very interesting to see your shark feed video as well (didn't know there were Raja shark feeds!). I also loved the music - who is it by?

Chep,
the video is not mine; it's my daugter's - I don't know the music.
actualy it's not really sharks feeding. The sharks is resident of kri house reef, they regularly gather under the dining room, usualy during our lunch time and around 16:30 when the kitchen staff prepare dinner.
another house reef resident is a big fat barracuda which will ruin their party time and sometime she attack small sharks

Hey Wisnu how about a trip report from you? Since you say Raja Ampat has been a dream destination. Always look forward to your travel thoughts and your daughters photography progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom