Reg Mouthpieces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve,

Are you aware that the Sea-cure comes in three different sizes, depending on the make of your reg? I have a Sea-cure on my Apeks and had no trouble at all fitting it, and no problems with leaks. My son had a little trouble with his, but only because he accidentaly dropped the entire mouthpiece into boiling water while getting ready to form it.He was able to fix it though so that it doesn't leak.

Tavi:tree:

Thats right, i needed a "Number2" (size) seacure mouthpiece for my Apeks regs. I personally think scubapro's comfobit is the best but you cant buy those to fit an apeks :(

Thanks for the input, but I know about the different sizes. Its just that a Poseidon has a larger housing than an Apeks (which I have and love). Sea-cure has a statement that basically says (I can't remember exactly) that most people use the type II mouthpiece and mold it to fit. None of them really come close to fitting, but I molded the one I have on there now. It doesn't leak, but it took quite a few attempts.

Steve

nt

Yeh the US Divers/Aqualung comfo-bite mouthpeice comes standard on the Apex TX100. But i am talking about the Scubapro super comfort mouthpiece. Its on the opening page at http://www.scubapro.co.uk just scroll down. If you look on these mouthpieces they have a rubber "lip" which is unique to Scubapro (so i am told).

Sorry about that, Frog. I saw the comfobite in your post and didn't notice the ScubaPro. That's what I get for assumptions. :) After re-reading your post, I see you said "ScubaPro Comfobit".

Aegir,

I'm totally sold on SeaCure. If your mouth happens to be small you'll have to do some trimming off of the back end of what comes as standard. Not a big shake, if so.

I'm so much more comfortable in the water even after doing 5 dives or more in a day on a liveaboard.

Of course it fits so well my bride will most surprised the first time she needs to yank it out of my mouth and my teeth are attached. She's a well trained diver and I'm sure she'll react appropriately!

cheers,
bb

I put one of their new ones on my Maximus. Love it. I get zero jaw fatigue. And only $6!!

I gotta agree the new ScubaPro mouthpieces are much better than most I've tried. I just prefer the Seacure so I put the SP mouthpiece on my octo.

Hope ya find one that stops the headaches!! (Let us know which one works)

Back
Top Bottom