Regulator Prob "in my head"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
uh...not in quarries, jeffie.

oh..but Catalina you had a chance.

Jen: I know ...creepy, huh? can you imagine?

I did!!! It gave me goose bumps! *shudder*

oh yea "searching for Mr. Big"....he he...Sea of Cortez.

protect him Jen.

Why is it pretty girls get all the responses????? HMMMMMMMMMMMM In your head or not just use a different reg and move on. Head games are as real as equipment malfunctions, whatever it takes to get over it and solve the problem to get back in a comfort zone is the key. Say you gotta use or buy a new re. well at least your still in the same wonderful sport/recreation there is. Right????

......I guess.

Actually, I thought maybe talking about big sharks would cheer me up...you know, it's all relative.

I don't feel like "moving along" :coffee:

Now I want to talk about the epicure mouthpiece NOT being DIR. So...when I swiched to the bungeed, it felt like it was going to fall out...I thought the things were chewed off. It felt very precarious. When I got out I commented that it was chewed off and then I looked at it...I had already replaced it. POINT being...I have become accustomed to the security of the mouthpiece extending way back to my molars...now this is not really accepted by DIR (which is usually correct, IMV, on gear issues) So...do you people ever feel like your regs are "barely there"?

or is this just more paranoia about losing my air supply?

Bring in the scuba shrinks.

Look at the bright side...At least I did not start a new thread.

I really enjoy your exuberance and openness. I've just got to meet you when I'm on Oahu in January!

Back on topic:

Perhaps the regs were always that way. With your new sensitivity you are just discovering it. So, after service all should be well.

Your posting reminded me why I absolutely forbid anyone to touch my breathing gas after I have checked it. More than once a "helpful" buddy or crew member has turned it off. If I'm going to be a casualty due to human error; let it be MY human error.

Of course I never, never make any errors:14: The time I jumped in with none of my straps fastened doesn't count of course. That was just a test:crafty:

hey--great point. One guy from Norway or somewhere made the comment that his practice is that you should never crack a tank more than once. Either open it---or don't. The problem often occurs when people "help" check as you stride off the boat. I was not even aware of the person turning my knob.

yes, PM me your Oahu dates. We try and greet SB travelers and make sure they get good dive connections/ sites.

catherine96821:
POINT being...I have become accustomed to the security of the mouthpiece extending way back to my molars...now this is not really accepted by DIR

Well, I prefer a shorter mouthpiece, but why should you care if the mouthpiece you like is DIR or not? Use what works for you.

catherine96821:
I have become accustomed to the security of the mouthpiece extending way back to my molars...now this is not really accepted by DIR (which is usually correct, IMV, on gear issues)
Why don't you try the Sea Cure. I was thinking of trying one. The reg can still be donated (might not be a perfect fit for their teeth, but I'm sure they would still accept it)

oh...to walter, because they are usually right, I have usually discovered the hard way.

But, the regular mouthpiece ....I don't think I could go back to that. It feels like it could get knocked out by the current even.

I guess they don't like the epicure for air shares. But...I would not dare go into that forum and ask. The reason I mentioned it is it could be just another manifestation of my unfounded fear...since my faux pas.

You know, Walter: something happens and you start questioning everything about your gear. JB gave me his reg to try and the hose was tooo short...everything feels WRONG down there now.

jeff

Sea Cure...I wonder if that is what I have? yea, absolutely, you can still take it, no problem.

I will google that....nobody puts them on their bungeed, do they? My mouthpieces, the rubber ones on the necklace reg rot off very fast! They get brittle and just literally fall off..the mouth part. The mouthpiece on my primary is looong and would not be good on your windpipe at your neck.

Back
Top Bottom