regulator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just to clarify, you mentioned that you were diving a BP/W now, but are you diving a long hose primary?

IMO, it isn't necessary to put a bolt snap on a short hose pimary. The primary will always be in your mouth except in very rare situation, and you will be ending the dive in those situations anyway.

The long hose needs a clip because without it, your reg will hit the ground multiple times while gearing up, and if you switch to your backup in an emergency situation, the long hose may drop down and tangle up in your feet adding stress to an already stressful situation.

As for diving with my new Rig BP/W.. I've adjusted already. not much different to my back inflate b/c

nope. I don't use a long hose.... not yet.. as my group.. isn't really the tek people. but they respected my bp/w. Im still using my regular hose... and I dont have any future plans yet with a long hose.. but even with the short hose... going up the boat.. you gota let go of your primary.. and it just bangs everywhere... unnecessary damage... so i'd rather hang it by the shoulder d ring..

yep.. the zip tie. holding the mouth piece is still there. maybe I was using a smaller zip tie? that's why it broke?

I originally used zip ties, but found they tend to slip on the hose. The cave line feels more secure. And "cave line" is really just braided nylon twine with a #24 size.

As for diving with my new Rig BP/W.. I've adjusted already. not much different to my back inflate b/c

nope. I don't use a long hose.... not yet.. as my group.. isn't really the tek people. but they respected my bp/w. Im still using my regular hose... and I dont have any future plans yet with a long hose.. but even with the short hose... going up the boat.. you gota let go of your primary.. and it just bangs everywhere... unnecessary damage... so i'd rather hang it by the shoulder d ring..

yep.. the zip tie. holding the mouth piece is still there. maybe I was using a smaller zip tie? that's why it broke?

It probably broke because it was getting pulled, tugged, and twisted as regulator clips are prone to do. The mouthpiece ziptie isn't subjected to those forces.

Another reason to used cave line is that if you ever need to cut it loose, it can be done9ne easily. If you use bigger stronger zip tie, you wont be able to do it easily. There is reason why cave/tech divers use cave line. If it is more expansive or much harder to put on, you can still argue you dont need it because you are rec diver, but it is not at all in this case. Why reinvent what is working.

ok noted on cave line. and im not arguing coz im a rec diver.
unfortunately... i have no idea what a cave line looks like.. there are a few tec diver wannabees around.. but no real ones nearby.
is it like para cord? i do have para cord.

unfortunately... i have no idea what a cave line looks like.. there are a few tec diver wannabees around.. but no real ones nearby.

Its nothing more than braided nylon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

No, its not paracord - see post above.

FWIW - Home Depot sells it (not the heavy poundage version though)......

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom