Regulators - best of the tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again Scubapro/Subgear is a top performer.

Go MK25/S600,MK11/C300, MK2+/R295, Cayman, Aruba & Bonaire!

It makes you want to go diving.

Based on whose criteria? To me many are overpriced and without the ability to service myself without getting parts through "backdoors" they would be at the bottom of my list. I also saw no real performance data that would impress me on the site. Especially in real world applications.

This review also makes no distinction regarding performance in cold water amongst even the regs that are mentioned.

Many of the regs on there that are touted as the "best" in any of the price ranges are known to be extremely unreliable in very cold water. The Scubapro MK 20's and 25's and Sherwood SR1's are known to freeflow often in very cold water. Sherwood Blizzard and Apeks are reliable in cold water. Most regs don't cut it for extremely cold water and there should be some sort of distinction.

I clicked on a reg on the site expecting to get some report from a test they did, instead the link took me to the manufacturer's website, which is suspicious that they're getting kickbacks. Unfortunately in this world you can assume corruption unless proven otherwise. I would ignore this website unless they can provide some evidence of unbiased testing.

Tough crowd! :D

I find the results believable. The Biofin has been topping fin reviews for a decade. Regs breath so well a machine must be used to measure results as us humans do not have the ability. BC reviews are laughable as review sites don't acknowledge the existance of back inflate BC's. All in all the same stuff we have been seeing for a decade.

My thought is equipment is safe and that is good thing.

These folks are doing open water testing with independent real divers in open ocean conditions.

They are working on it.

Send them an e-mail and give them suggestions on how they can improve the process.

Define SPAM and tell me why the OPs post fits that definition?

It is a link to another site that does not provide test data, method of choosing gear and links back to the manufacturers. It is the site itself promoting itself here. They obviously make money by driving people to their site. More than likely they get a fee for those that click through and/or make a purchase. I don't think that this site considers it spam, but on my site, I would, and that is my prerogative. Especially since my forum has nothing to do with diving.

Spam is an issue about consent, not content. They obviously have approval here. Other places, maybe not.

Once again Scubapro/Subgear is a top performer.

Go MK25/S600,MK11/C300, MK2+/R295, Cayman, Aruba & Bonaire!

It makes you want to go diving.

How do you get that from their report? As I read the "report" it looks like the Scubapro offerings are just another cow in the herd of good cows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom