Removing urinal cathether...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Switch from the Rochester Wideband (too much adhesive glue) to the Rochester Ultraflex which has minimal adhesive, and can relatively be easy to remove immediately after the last dive of the day.

I just pull it off really hard and really fast
And then I go to the E.R.

I use a condiment type dispenser bottle with a pointed tip

you can also use a hockey bottle:

5lX9PQL.jpg

The degree of its adhesion will greatly depend on the brand and model of your catheter. If you feel that the one you are using is overly adhesive, try a different brand or model.

Valéry;7403975:
I use diapers

I stopped wearing those around 40 years ago:blinking:.

Well except for 8h dives (I never try but I don't know if it'll hold all the liquid), I found the diapers very practical, easy to put on/remove, no risk of infection, nothing to kink.
Take a vertical position so the liquid goes down and relieve yourself slowly( pee/stop, pee/stop etc), it works every time.

Once above water you can change it and dive again.

I remove it at the end of the day by sitting in a hot bath and slowly stretching the material from the base to the tip. This takes a while, but it gets it off. I also cut it along the top starting at the base so that as I stretch it out and the glue comes unstuck the catheter will split down the middle. These are Rochester widebands, so they have a lot of glue, but the hold all day.

Back
Top Bottom