Repairing Big Blue AL1200XWP focus light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TnT

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an Big Blue AL1200XWP focus light that's not working properly anymore. The light still works fine at full power, so the LED is still good. But when reducing the brightness, it starts to flicker and turns off after a few seconds. The battery indicator also turns red for a couple of seconds. This looks like a problem with the electronic circuit or maybe even some bad connection. I would like to have a look at the circuit and check whetrher it's something that can still be repaired, but I don't know how to open the light head. Does anyone know how this can be done? The light is already out of warranty, and I already have a replacement, so I have nothing to loose.

do you actually know that the battery is OK? The charger that ships with that light is nothing more than a waste of plastic. I would start with the battery.

If it is actually the board, it's not going to be economical to repair unless BB will send you a new board to replace. No point in wasting money to diagnose on those boards, the cost of diagnostics and repair will exceed that of a new light.

The battery is still good.

I'm aware that repairing the light is likely too expensive. That's why I want to have a look myself. Maybe it's something simple. If not, no big deal. I already have a replacement, so it's more out of curiosity, then expecting to be able to repair it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom