Replacement Lobster Bag Only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I mostly take my ZooKeeper with me on dives when catching lobster and lionfish. Every once in a while, I will only look to catch lobster and take my lobster hotel and bag. I did this the other day, and I noticed the bag was starting to tear where it rubs against the back of the hotel. For the life of me, I can't find a replacement bag any cheaper than just replacing the entire thing. Surely, someone sells just a replacement bag at a fraction of the price of a new setup?

...Surely, someone sells just a replacement bag at a fraction of the price of a new setup?
I've seen people use a pillow case or a mesh laundry bag that are then ziptied around the hotel 'cone'. I have an extra 'Mesh' bag only with a bottom zipper that you can have - no charge. But some diver's like the fabric because it does offer some protection from the lobster sharp points. Just send a DM with an addy & it's yours. Since all the hotels are made overseas, I don't know anywhere that sells just the bag only.

20231014_144749.jpg

I've seen people use a pillow case or a mesh laundry bag that are then ziptied around the hotel 'cone'. I have an extra 'Mesh' bag only with a bottom zipper that you can have - no charge. But some diver's like the fabric because it does offer some protection from the lobster sharp points. Just send a DM with an addy & it's yours. Since all the hotels are made overseas, I don't know anywhere that sells just the bag only.

View attachment 805870
I really appreciate your offer. I'm one of those who prefer a bag with a solid side. I was asking about the bags at Stuart Scuba and the lady mentioned they buy their lobster hotel and bags from a guy in Palm City. I need to talk to someone else in the shop so they can reach out to ask. If not, I'll just keep going with my ZK or find a way to reinforce my current bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom