New lobster snare review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Already being a fan of the lobster league glove I decided to try the Lobster League snare. Being a little longer that the classic green snare it was able to reach farther without spooking the lobster. The loop is much bigger than the green snare and at first I was not pulling the handle far enough or hard enough to snare the lobster, but by the end of the dive I figured it out. The shaft is much stiffer than other snares and this was a positive because once you had the lobster I was in control and not the lobster. Locally made and now after testing it I recommend it and will keep one on the boat. Also being tested on this dive was the Orcatorch D530 dive light from Amazon. I left this light on bright for the entire 2 dives and was still full strength at the end of the trip. Was dropped, stepped on, drug on the sandy bottom for 2 months now and outlasted both my Big Blue and Kraken lights that I had with me. For only $95 at Amazon with free returns this is a great light.

Lobster League gear Life League Gear | Lobstering Gear | Outdoors Gear

Good review. I’ve been curious about this snare. The generic green ones don’t last for more than a season and then they take a few dives to break in. Would be nice to have a good, reliable snare that could last a few years. Might try one out.

Excellent video & review with lots of bugs !!

The OrcaTorch D530 is a great little light. I really like it. Super bright, tight beam. Battery lasts a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom