Review | OrcaTorch D550 Dive Light!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Thanks to Charles Tucker for sharing his informative opinion about the Orcatorch D550 diving light based on his real-life experience!
😎
👍

The D550 can be used not only as a diving light, but also as a powerful outdoor handheld light.
💯
🥰

“ Easily my favorite light I’ve gotten so far. It comes with a lot of useful accessories too.
The main one I like is the second battery, so I can swap them out to keep going. I’m not a fan of wrist straps but it does fit comfortably and prevents the light from going anywhere.
The light itself is really bright and shines a long ways as you can see in the photos and video. The magnetic switch on the end makes turning it on and off really simple. You don’t have to turn the light to find the button on the side or twist the top. Just a quick touch on the bottom and it’s on.
I mainly use my lights for work so they take a beating. If this one is like their others I’ll be using it still years to come. Honestly I’ll probably keep this one with my personal gear since I like it the most.
I’ve taken it on a couple of dives so far and it’s worked great in water. ”

👉
See more details of OrcaTorch D550 dive light on Amazon
🔦
:

D550.jpg

d550dive light.jpg

orcatorch d550.jpg

D550 scuba light.jpg

I purchased one of these recently. It seems solid and rugged and bright. The wrist strap option is great.

However, it is heavier than I would like for travel purposes. My scale says 9.5 oz with battery--versus 4 oz for a non-waterproof topside light from Fenix with otherwise similar specs. Also there is no indication of amount of charge remaining, so you will want to make sure you charge the battery before going under. Another minor issue--I used it to illuminate photos; sometimes I got subtle, horizontal light and dark banding, so it is not ideal for that purpose.

I like the light, but… when using the soft Goodman handle the tail switch hits the cuff ring on my drysuit and turns off the light. I ended up ditching the Goodman and just held it in my hand. Other than that, it’s a very nice light.

I purchased one of these recently. It seems solid and rugged and bright. The wrist strap option is great.

However, it is heavier than I would like for travel purposes. My scale says 9.5 oz with battery--versus 4 oz for a non-waterproof topside light from Fenix with otherwise similar specs. Also there is no indication of amount of charge remaining, so you will want to make sure you charge the battery before going under. Another minor issue--I used it to illuminate photos; sometimes I got subtle, horizontal light and dark banding, so it is not ideal for that purpose.
Hello. Thank you for your feedback, but the characteristics and uses of each Orcatorch diving flashlight are different. Divers can choose the appropriate model according to their own needs. The D550 comes with a wrist strap and it is very suitable as a backup light for cave diving. It is sturdy and durable. 👍
If you want a diving light with an indication of remaining power, you can look at the orcatorch D530 diving light. The Orcatorch D530 uses a 18650 USB rechargeable battery, which is very convenient to take out for travel. If you want a video light for taking photos, you can Check out the orcatorch D530V video light and the Orcatorch D910V video light. :D

You can find them on Amazon, Amazon seller "Outdoor Equipment Expert" can provide you with satisfactory and timely pre-sales and after-sales services. :heart:

I purchased two for wife and I
One was a dull light so contacted manufacturer and they were brilliant and sent a new one free within 14 days…great service and torch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom