Replacing all of the housing o-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I wanted to upgrade to an SLR, what would you recommend? Price is a consideration but not a primary consideration.

Stick with one of the main players - Canon or Nikon. Oly if you like the differences in what they offer.

Ikelites are excellent value and rugged housings. The SeaTool housings are super sexy and small. Check on the port options for the lenses you like with any housing to make sure they have it and it works well. I love my Subal and will be staying with them for my new 40D.

Have a look through the Sticky - you can get via the Pink Link in my signature, too - for some links, discussions and other info to help you on spending lots and lots of money :)

Coming late to the party, but just for general info, Ikelite charged me $125 to service my 5d housing recently. I had been using it for 2 years, I figured I'd have it looked over and let them do whatever they thought fitting. So the cost for factory overhaul/service isn't much, considering what's inside.

I've had an Ike housing for over twenty years and sent it in twice directly to Ike to have the O-rings checked/replaced

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom