replacing drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrock29

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anybody had any advice about replacing drysuit boots on a Bayley Dry Suit. it is a compresed neoprene suit maufactured in 97. it is still in great shape except for the boots. Can it be done and is it much work.
thanks

If you can get your hands on some original boots, its a snap. Otherwise you may be able to sneak some wetsuit boots on, though that usually requires adding a dart (wedge) to the front of the boot to make it the same diameter (at the top) as the leg.
After that, make a smooth cut just above the current boot joint, carefuly fit & mark the boots, apply the wetsuit cement as per directions on the can, and finish off with some 3/4" or 1" tape.
I can check & see what Poseidon boots are going for when I get back to the shop, they're going to be more expensive than wetsuit boots but they may save some time & work.

if you don't have the time or know how, DUI's shop will work on all brands of drysuits, not just their own, and I can vouch for their repair work. its fast turn around time and top notch work are worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom