Report CEDIP *** + Adv. Nitrox Class, Nov. 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, my question is, should you dive past 200', what is the penalty proscribed by law??

I realize they are unlikely to "catch" you - but suppose you confess. You head down the the police station, and say, "hey, le porc, I just dove to 240' - what are you going to do about it?" So what is the penalty? Are we talking jail time, or what?

You can do whatever you want in private dives.

But if there's an accident on an air dive past 200' organised by a dive operator, we're probably talking loss of licence and stuff like that.

It's only dives in structures (associations, clubs and dive operators) that are regulated by law.

On private dives (you take your boat and you dive) you're free to do whatever you want

On private dives (you take your boat and you dive) you're free to do whatever you want

Well, that's reasonable.

Another question: earlier Blackwood (I think) mentioned aluminum stages as being the way to go, then I was reading on a tank thread about aluminum tanks being non-existent in Estonia (I think).

Realizing that Brittany, France and Tallinn, Estonia are two different places, are aluminim stages available for you?

Asking since I dive steel doubles and singles with aluminum stages, too. I like the buoyancy characteristics better.

Well, that's reasonable.

Realizing that Brittany, France and Tallinn, Estonia are two different places, are aluminim stages available for you?

The easiest to get is a 6L steel stage as it's the standard aqualung model, which is basically on sale in every single dive shop here. Which is why many of those are around.

However, all technical oriented dive shops (we don't have a lot of them....) of course have Al stages available, usually in S40 (5.7L), 7L and S80 models. But in most cases, should you want those, you have to order them from said shops.

So while it's a lot easier to get your hands on a steel stage tank, there's no excuse not to get an aluminium one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom