REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

put me down as a buyer too

Ok folks, we are on the last lap. The molds complete and I have first articles.

I need a volunteer. I need a VT3 to check fitment and to use for photos.

Doug Krause was furnished me a "VTPro" to sue for mold development, as the VTPro shares the same form factor as the VT3. (Thanks again Doug)

I'd like to borrow a VT3 for a couple days to take some product shots.

I'll send back the computer, with a mount and T-Shirt when I'm done.

Who's goona be first? :D

Tobin

Ok folks, we are on the last lap. The molds complete and I have first articles.

Doug Krause was furnished me a "VTPro" to sue for mold development, as the VTPro shares the same form factor as the VT3. (Thanks again Doug)

I'll send back the computer, with a mount and T-Shirt when I'm done.

Who's goona be first? :D

Tobin
I'll loan you mine, since I don't think I'll be diving until after the new year anyway. I'll even throw on a new protective cover. :D

P.M. me

This is a pretty old topic now. Doug Krause from Oceanic sent one to DSS over a month ago, I believe.....

My recent request is a little different............

Mr. "Fish" has kindly offered me the loan of his instrument. Photos to follow soon.

Tobin

I just got my VT3 and do not see how to remove the strap. Does it require "surgery" that results in permanet removal or is it just a bit of brute force and patience?

I just got my VT3 and do not see how to remove the strap. Does it require "surgery" that results in permanet removal or is it just a bit of brute force and patience?

Some instruments, for example the Suunto SK7, are sold in a wide variety of OEM mounts, wrist mounts, hose mounts, consoles add on etc. Some of these change from year to year. There is a very good chance that there are OEM instrument mounts that I have never seen.

Remember DSS is not Oceanic. We build an after market instrument mount, not the OEM mount or instrument.

As with all other instruments we produce mounts for questions about how to remove the OEM mount are best presented to the instrument maker.

Tobin

As with all other instruments we produce mounts for questions about how to remove the OEM mount are best presented to the instrument maker.
Fair enough...

According to Oceanic, the correct procedure is to remove the wrist straps from the computer and the slip a flat screwdriver in between the computer and the mount in between the two buttons on the face and pop it out.

It is not apparent, but the straps are not connected to the mount. Rather, they are connected to the module itself - hence the requirement for removing them before popping the module out.

I have not done it yet, but it looks to me that you only need to remove the short end of the strap to get it out, but you'll need to remove both to get into the new mount anyway...

Also, does DDS also have a mount for the oceanic compass as well? Also, I'll jump in the ship for the VT3 bungee. :D I hate hate HATE!!! the wrist strap that came with it, last time I put it on and somehow slingshot across the boat, over the captain's head and into the water.

Also, does DDS also have a mount for the oceanic compass as well? Also, I'll jump in the ship for the VT3 bungee. :D I hate hate HATE!!! the wrist strap that came with it, last time I put it on and somehow slingshot across the boat, over the captain's head and into the water.

No, we make mounts for the SK7, and the ScubaPro FS-1 compasses only.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom